Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

the one on the left is a panel antenna for the zaxnet. it gives 7dbi boost to range to my erxs..i dun have to move so often now. pretty safe for half a soccer field length line of sight. gonna make a longer sma cable soon..too bring this panel antenna up higher.

Can you post a link to this antenna? Sounds like you are getting good results with it. I'm currently looking at options for my zaxnet (both for bag and for cart)

Can you post a link to this antenna? Sounds like you are getting good results with it. I'm currently looking at options for my zaxnet (both for bag and for cart)

Hi matt, im sorry thou, its one of those no brand ,made in china product. no box or brochure. it was just sold packed in a transparent diy heat seal bag. cost about 35usd. what i can do is to go back to the shop and ask for its manufacturer or something.

i even bought another antenna which is the same shape as the stock that ships with the nomad, but think double the lenght..good distance from it too except that its abit awkward to keep it in my skb roller case. its a 8dbi boost..omni..while the panel one is directional.

The Audio Ltd Receivers in that bag are non diversity receivers, and theyare mm away from a 744T, which is known for RF spray. Any idea of approximately which Fz you were using?

What did you scan with? Most scanners though able to tell you where other Fz are being used, but are unable to suggest intermod free Fz.

The 744T, if I remember rightly had a couple of particularly bad spkes in the UK Ch69 range - where you working in Ch 69?

Not your kit, and no time to investigate properly... thats a very big and bad claim to make of Audio Ltd without any form of sensibe scientific backup.

I have been using 6 x Audio Ltd 2040, plus 4 channels of EN2, all in or very near t UK Channel 38, for most of the last 8 weeks with no issues whatsoever. Range up to 150yds quite easily!!!!

Kindest regards,

Simon B

"The Audio Limited wireless are very very very bad. Whenever the transmitter is more than 20 metres away from me, i get loads of RF hits with dropouts. Not very nice, when recording subtle dialogue. I scanned the spectrum, and the frequencies i chose are not intermodulating, nor already occupied by other gear. My Senny G3 works with no issue whatsoever."

• 4 weeks later...

Did an interview shoot with John Quinones of "What Would You Do" earlier today... Nomad mix of two hardwired lavs to Canon 5D/60D, isos on Nomad. Got it in an old Porta-Brace until the Petrol 614 gets here...

BTW my new method of level setting with the Canons is to set the Nomad tone generator to full scale, then adjust the camera input level until the meter reads just under the red clip indicator... five clicks or so with the TA5F at -35. Then I run a limiter on the output just to be safe... just scratch audio anyway, right? :-)

post-4514-0-59154700-1348788550_thumb.jp

the final version of my digital system.....i hope....

545278_4711400662872_351697621_n.jpg

Very nice rado. Alot of good things going on there. So why do you carry around your erx's in your bag? And what antenna distribution system do you use? I don t see your zaxnet antenna, is it just not mounted at the moment? Do you place it elsewhere?

Thanks for sharing

I have 2 zaxnet antennas. one is on the nomad facing down. the other one is on the very right qrx100. Micplexer is my antenna distro. micplexer is block 25 only but I have no problem with that since digital RF has no intermod.

And do you notice significant range loss when you place the antenna facing down?

And if you have two zaxnet antennas can you route different mixes to your erx's?

my new method of level setting with the Canons is to set the Nomad tone generator to full scale, then adjust the camera input level until the meter reads just under the red clip indicator... five clicks or so with the TA5F at -35. Then I run a limiter on the output just to be safe..

I do that each time I have to send some sounds in a cheap recorder with no professional peakmeter.

• 1 month later...

Ponderosa Rig V3. Doing a Western right now with lots of remote locales. I have my Foldup and follow cart when I can get the van near set.

You posted a picture in view from the office and I thought you had the look of a man who could rip a tree from the ground with his bare hands, if you carry that bag around on you then I'm not surprised