Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

Gentleman engineer in Toronto built it. For the moment its one of a kind. I haven't yet timed and let two np1's run dry but. Safe to say it runs twice as long. A time figure is relative of course. I run a trx900, 4x411's, An SRb. A lectro T1, and nomad. And often charge my iPhone. I'd say it would run about 7hrs. The hot swappable aspect is the tops. No more rebooting every battery change...

Gentleman engineer in Toronto built it. For the moment its one of a kind. I haven't yet timed and let two np1's run dry but. Safe to say it runs twice as long. A time figure is relative of course. I run a trx900, 4x411's, An SRb. A lectro T1, and nomad. And often charge my iPhone. I'd say it would run about 7hrs. The hot swappable aspect is the tops. No more rebooting every battery change...

Are you using the R.A. v4u or is that custom as well?

Actually, all it took was a precise cut to that outer "bump" and it slotted in nicely. No sewing needed. Just cut away a small length and angled folds held down with bits of snot tape. Turned out cleaner than expected.

Can I suggest running the 'tube' part of a soldering iron (not the tip) over the edge of the cut to prevent eventual fraying..?

My new bag kit is all ready to go !

I'm using a Sound Devices 664 with 3 SRB receivers (just got back from upgrade at Lectro) sending to Lectro D4 Transmiter and TC Buddy Wifi master.

post-55-0-52166200-1369753464_thumb.jpg

Inspired by Pascal, I've also had a custom bracket machined and mounted to the 664. It holds the SRB's, a DC power meter and Power switch solidly in the bag.

post-55-0-15220700-1369753544_thumb.jpg

The whole bag runs on V-Mount batteries. With two P-Tap connectors, I can hot swap out the batteries so I don't have to power down.

post-55-0-09942900-1369753911_thumb.jpg

The green glow power button ties in nicely with the DC power display.

post-55-0-34203800-1369753633_thumb.jpg

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Looks great and everything is held nice and tight in the bag. I'll update when I've used the bag for a couple of days on the battery run times.