Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

• 4 weeks later...

What on earth is going on with that screen protector??? 

Yeah, it's the screen protector that was provided with the 633 and I like its thickness but the clarity leaves something to be desired.  Others have suggested phone screen protectors but most of them seem to be thin and flexible.  The one thing I like about the provided protector is that I feel it would protect the screen from more than just scratches.  Also, in the picture the situation is being exaggerated because the screen is over exposed (I was exposing for the keyboard primarily, which is the darkest area.  Suggestions welcome!

that small keyboard looks good in your 633's bag,what's the brand and name ? does it work with 633 ? 

thanks

Cloud 

Yes, it's the Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard and it's been working just fine.  When I first connected it I lost the connection and couldn't get it back without a reset of the 633 but I haven't been able to replicate this since.  I went through and tried using all the special functions and keys on the keyboard and couldn't sever the connection so it seems to be stable.  Also, it has a backlight, which is nice! Drawback for me is that it charges via USB and an internal battery; I would prefer it run of AAA or something.

I'll add my bag here for the record. Nothing too fancy, but a nice sounding analogue bag. 

On one hand I yearn for a smaller bag, but if I've managed to fill up a 617 I don't see how I could squeeze it all in anything smaller without losing half the kit/functionality. 

I'd like to see if I could get all of this (but with 633) into one of the small petrol bags. Doubt it though.

post-4138-0-28136200-1386071320_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-56019000-1386071330_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-87906900-1386071340_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-54161800-1386071351_thumb.jp

interested in that strip of LEDs… who makes them and how are they powered?

Thanks

they're actually made by petrol! here's a link where I got mine. 

Nic bag chris. How stable is it on that tiny bench?

Oh haha, not that stable.. its just a tall camping stool so it'll fall over if not balanced properly on it. It IS super light though so I've always got it with me even just to save putting the bag down on the ground while setting up. I use it for every static setup.

I'll add my bag here for the record. Nothing too fancy, but a nice sounding analogue bag. 

On one hand I yearn for a smaller bag, but if I've managed to fill up a 617 I don't see how I could squeeze it all in anything smaller without losing half the kit/functionality. 

I'd like to see if I could get all of this (but with 633) into one of the small petrol bags. Doubt it though.

I use this projector table on a lightweight stand, with an aluminum backing strip underneath taped in place, which is difficult to explain but makes sense when you've got it in front of you.

http://www.manfrotto.us/aluminum-table-for-projectors

Also I've been trying to get Hawkwoods to make a strip of say 10 hirose dc outputs, individually switched  with scribble strip, ie hirose outputs on the bottom and switches on the top of a 'bag width narrow' strip and a place to label what each switch is for. The DC powering in my bag is a mess of cables and splitters and I'd love to improve it. There's a question is how the strip would be supplied as obviously one hirose splitting to 10 isn't going to work, and could easily go over the amperage rating of a 4 pin xlr as well.

Any one else interested, got any preferences / ideas etc.?

Also I've been trying to get Hawkwoods to make a strip of say 10 hirose dc outputs, individually switched  with scribble strip, ie hirose outputs on the bottom and switches on the top of a 'bag width narrow' strip and a place to label what each switch is for. The DC powering in my bag is a mess of cables and splitters and I'd love to improve it. There's a question is how the strip would be supplied as obviously one hirose splitting to 10 isn't going to work, and could easily go over the amperage rating of a 4 pin xlr as well.

Sound Guys solutions do something similar, which might do the job.  Richard Meredith stocks them here: http://www.sound-guys.com/MD6.html

that sound-guys solution looks very nice indeed! Not individually switchable but still. 

I use this projector table on a lightweight stand, with an aluminum backing strip underneath taped in place, which is difficult to explain but makes sense when you've got it in front of you.

http://www.manfrotto.us/aluminum-table-for-projectors

I'm kind of at ease with my melee of hirose splitters. I think on balance it was the easiest/cheapest/lightest way to power 12 different things. (12 including my strip of LED's, yet to be figured out though)

Yes a projector stand definitely looks more solid. But the old camp stool is only 600g, so whenever (and wherever) the camera tripod comes out I'll always have my wee stool.

Hawkwoods posted this image on their Twitter feed earlier today..........

http://pic.twitter.com/tsD4A9yjit

Ha yes thanks for that, I think 8 of the outputs are regulated max 6A and the top panel can act as a scribble strip, the hiroses are individually switched in pairs, and there's a master switch and LED battery level display , and it's about  235mm x 55 x 40.