Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

The funny thing I actually forced the producer to pay for that bag. Oh yeah, 16 talents talking laughing screaming at the same f***ing time all day long.....for 3 months!! actualy we had two of these. The second was filled with plug-on recievers from booms (we used 2 Mkh 8070 and 4 Mkh 416)

But now the show's on air. Just finished editing the final episode and this bag got its special place at the studio)))

G3's..well 16 is not the hardest set. Once we had to lav 35 persons with g3's....100 series. 35!!With only 12 channels available in each bank...We searched for clean freqs manualy for about 4 hours...it was a nightmare(literaly..it was a very cold night) but it worked perfectly...

Yr still using an NP-1's tho it looks like? Curious about their batteries.

Correct, I'm pretty invested into IDX batteries, so I am still using them. BUT, I am slowly making the transition into the audioroot batteries, as the SMBus compatibility and the higher capacity (and smaller footprint) make them an obvious choice IMO.

I waited quite a while to get a new bag for my 633 as I wanted something not too big,

but that could also fit a decent amount of equipment and be somewhat flexible setup wise.

After checking out most of the competition I decided to get the new Porta Brace AO-1XB.

I'm really happy with it so far and thought I'd share some photos of different setups It can accommodate.

The only thing I am not sure about is the handle. I've never had one and don't like it getting in between me and the bag when I have it around my waist. But now that I have one, I really like it for moving the mixer around when it isn't around my body. Initially I thought I would get rid of the handles and make a remove-able one to attach to the rings...

but I'm gonna hold off for a bit.

Porta Brace did a great job with the side access, there is a lot of room to get to the different connectors and media slots. Adam Butler on the forum here had a lot to do with these bags. Nice work Adam!

post-1116-0-71510300-1413945475_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-00210200-1413945506_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-83535400-1413945517_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-85444600-1413945528_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-37661000-1413945629_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-98719400-1413945902_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-80008900-1413945915_thumb.jp

Hi Jose, how's the MicPlexer 2 performing so far?

Cheers

Paul

It's working out amazingly.

Working on a commercial right now, and I'm getting about 150ft line of sight just with whips on the MicPlexer 2. Transmitters are on 50mW.

I can easily boost the power on the transmitters for a bit more range, or easily change to other antennas (like sharkfins) if I really need more range.

It's working out amazingly.

Working on a commercial right now, and I'm getting about 150ft line of sight just with whips on the MicPlexer 2. Transmitters are on 50mW.

I can easily boost the power on the transmitters for a bit more range, or easily change to other antennas (like sharkfins) if I really need more range.

Jose, and what if you take the Mic-plexor out of the equation? Since you're just using whips.

It seems like not many people are endorsing using zaxcom wireless without a Mic-plexor these days.

Jose, and what if you take the Mic-plexor out of the equation? Since you're just using whips.

It seems like not many people are endorsing using zaxcom wireless without a Mic-plexor these days.

It should still perform well, but I would have to get back to you on that one if you want specific info. For that particular gig I took a picture for, I only used 1 QRX, but typically I have 2 or 3 in my bag, so I just leave the MicPlexer in the bag anyway. I will be building a smaller bag soon, and doubt I will be using the MicPlexer in front of my wireless as I will be trying to shave as much weight as possible.

When I get some free time, hopefully this upcoming weekend, I will do some "scientific" tests putting these through their paces; with and without MicPlexer, using different antennae, and setting the transmitters to different power outputs. I'll be happy to post my results then.

In all honesty though, these wireless have been nothing short of amazing, and have the best sound of any wireless I have used (used SRb's previously), comparable to that of my schoeps analog mics (using DPA 4063 lavs, and going AES out from receivers). Very happy with them.

When I get some free time, hopefully this upcoming weekend, I will do some "scientific" tests putting these through their paces; with and without MicPlexer, using different antennae, and setting the transmitters to different power outputs. I'll be happy to post my results then.

Jose, I would be very interested to hear your results as I am about to make the move to Zaxcom radios. 

If you end up starting a different thread for that perhaps you could give a nod to it in here?