Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

I just picked up my new bag. Custom made by protogear (local Montreal prototyping company). Inspired by Pascal's Kortwich bag, but added a Mollie system to attach different pouches.

Looks great Pablo.

Nice and neat, no extra material flopping around.

I have so many questions :)

What is the purpose of the velcro flap and access hole in the centre of the body-side?

Also it looks like the velcro covers the whole flap (and body-side of the man in compartment) - any reason you went with so much velcro rather than a strip/tab at corners / sides?

The NP pouch and accessory pouch seem detachable, how are they attached?

The pouch/flap behind the accessory pouch, looks slate-sized, or are you using it for something else?

Also it looks like the velcro covers the whole flap (and body-side of the man in compartment) - any reason you went with so much velcro rather than a strip/tab at corners / sides?

From my experience, using portabrace bags with just the side Velcro a lot, I can see this would hold anything way better and prevents any sacking

Thanks. Indeed, the idea is to get rid of all the extra material on regular mass produced bags.

The back flap is there to leave access for a cl6 to be attached. This again was "inspired" by Pascal's design. The Velcro that covers the entire flap is so that it stays in place while not in use.

The pouches are designed with Mollie attachments. It's a system used by the military on they're tactic gear. There's a wide variety of pouches available so the idea is to be able to move them around as needed.

10703723_697577707004815_285451543621772

SD 633, 03 Lectro UCR211, 03 Senn G3 (two RXs, one TX to camera), PSC power distro, Sanken and Oscar Soundtech lavs, tight and tidy in an Orca 32 bag 

Sweet. Any specific reason(s) you chose to go with the bigger OR-32 for your 633 set-up instead of the OR-30?

Also, I spotted the Think Tank Headphone Hook on the side immediately! Been doing the same! Pretty damn awesome.

post-8621-0-30772600-1415119349_thumb.jp

I've chosen the OR32 because I like to have more space in the bag if additional receivers, Comteks or even a 664 are needed.

The headphone hook idea was borrowed from your post on Facebook's Freelance Soundmixers group. It does work great, thanks! ;)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

This is my reality tv set-up in my new Orca bag, I've named it 'The Chiropractors Trust Fund'

Just imagine if you didn't have 2 channel receivers! 

I remember back in the day seeing photos of Stacy Hill working on Fear Factor wearing three separate bags at once. Each one had a Deva II and 4 wireless, comteks, and a bunch of other stuff. THREE of those at once. Chris Silverman showed me a picture, which I have no idea where it is at now...it was insanity. 

My new orca bag. Basic kit with 3 RX Audio ltd EN2DX2 + Audio 2040. Sennheiser G3 Hop for scratch track. Little bit heavier than my petrol 601 but things fits nicely and no cables out from the sides. Just delivered without divider...so I put plastic box to make some dividers. I will improve the inside with some other dividers I ordered. Will post pics later.

post-1525-0-98621100-1416484415_thumb.jp

post-1525-0-11457200-1416484440_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...