Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

25 minutes ago, Zack said:

That along with maybe thinking about joining in on the superSlot standard and get that SRX to be dual channel. 

Yeah. SRx needs to be true dual channel. Even if that means making it only blocks 20-23 or 23-26. 

1 hour ago, Zack said:

But did you have the "trifecta" :P

Original idea for the boom mount from Scott Farr, they're MOLLE fast clips easily found on Amazon. Dipole mounting idea was taking off the mounting blocks and fastening to the edge of the bag using simple clips, or the MOLLE straps on the front of the bag. Overall clean looking, but also very RF clean even with the TX antenna so close to the SNA600.

I just got my molle clips today :) working on my bag little by little. Dipoles should be in next week.20161009_173606.png 

1 hour ago, KGraham045 said:

I have all Zax and QRXs I would love to have something like the SL6. I love a neat and tidy bag! I agree the RX12 in theory is a great idea but QRXs and their versatility more fits my daily needs...

Honestly what I ended up doing was adding velctro to my receivers onto the nomad. Works perfectly didn't have to spend more money on brackets and no added weight! 

42 minutes ago, PalmerT said:

Yeah. SRx needs to be true dual channel. Even if that means making it only blocks 20-23 or 23-26. 

Absolutely.

Even if they are not wide band...

But also sound devices should modify the superslot to carry RF antenna signal on the bottom so no SMA cables or connectors are on top.

45 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

Absolutely.

Even if they are not wide band...

But also sound devices should modify the superslot to carry RF antenna signal on the bottom so no SMA cables or connectors are on top.

Agreed.

50 minutes ago, GAGaudio said:

Honestly what I ended up doing was adding velctro to my receivers onto the nomad. Works perfectly didn't have to spend more money on brackets and no added weight! 

That's what I have done too, but I was thinking more of a slot type module where you could slide in existing QRX200 receivers, and basically have male power connectors, and female TA5 connectors in each slot eliminating cabling. Along with a built in MicPlexor. You'd still need some cabling for the top SMAs just like the SL-6. 

On 10/9/2016 at 7:09 PM, RadoStefanov said:

This is not sound dashboard. This is Sound Devices SL6.

Believe me I have been lobbied Zaxcom for something similar even before SL6 was in the makes. Even before me and Sound Devices guys were having a drink at Double Down Saloon. (:

Something like my Zaxcom brackets "which was inspired by Pascal" will be great.

The RX12 is cool but way too big and heavy for my usual needs.

But zaxcom are not very fond of the idea.

Yeah I know, just wishing out loud for something for the Nomad that I can just bolt on and streamline my setup. I would love a small alternative to the RX12 as well, the RX12 is too much horsepower for the shoots I work on.

Or if you open your metalworking shop I'll be ready to send my Nomad in for modifications.

1 hour ago, GAGaudio said:

Using Velcro is not very good for heat management. A smart bracket does a lot for how qrx and nomad work and how much the battery consummation is.

1 hour ago, RadoStefanov said:

what is the total weight?

I haven't weighed it yet, but it is basically just the extra weight of the bag. The Ktek isn't the lightest bag, but in combination with the Stingray Harness, the support off the shoulders is the biggest things for me. I could lighten is more by taking some of the supplies and doodads out, but I don't like not having them on me at all time. All digital for wireless cabling so that is minimal. FP8 doesn't weigh much of anything.

So you basically know the weight of all the Zaxcom stuff and the Inspired batts, so just add the weight of a Ktek bag and you'd be very close. :)

17 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

the ktek bag is pretty heavy.

I really hope bag manufacturers will start making lighter bags. It sucks when only the bag weights almost as much as my one unit plus my bag

Agreed. I think a lot of the weight of the Ktek bag has to do with the anti-RF material they use in some of the siding. A stripped down lightweight version would be welcomed that is just a skeleton as I'm not really sure how much good the extra material does, if any. I actually want to look into if I can open up some of the bag and take out some of the material to cut down on weight. 

3 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

the ktek bag is pretty heavy.

I really hope bag manufacturers will start making lighter bags. It sucks when only the bag weights almost as much as my one unit plus my bag

Exactly why I'm trying to create a different bag I have the k-tek bag, but bought a used porta brace bag and it's so much lighter. You help motivate me with your one unit. The only issues with that porta brace is storing extra things.. So I just found a non audio bag that might work. Just need to sew some velcro straps but it might work.... here is the beginning stage. Really like the molle design of things. I ran across this bag while trying to find pouches for harness storage since my compact porta brace didn't have pockets... This bag is the best of both worlds.... (hopefully)

Can't seem to post the photo on here I'll try again later.