Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I would share my bag. Came across this tactical bag that is more compact  & lighter then my ktek and fits my nomad perfectly. Very happy with this setup it's like having a porta brace/ktek hybrid 

20161129_200918.jpg

20161129_200505.jpg

20161129_200743.jpg

Thought I would share my bag. Came across this tactical bag that is more compact  & lighter then my ktek and fits my nomad perfectly. Very happy with this setup it's like having a porta brace/ktek hybrid 

4 hours ago, fieldmixer said:

Yes indeed. Good creative find there. Do tell. What is this bag?

Yes it has separate side bags but I cut the fabric dividing the main compartment to the side pocket. it was actually very easy and the stitching is done very well on the bag so you don't have to sew it after cutting it. It also has a lot of different pockets on the top so even though it's smaller I actually can store more things into this bag. and it has a built-in waste strap so all I needed from my harness is my shoulder strap so the bags fits firm against me.

They have discontinued this bag so it's getting harder to find there are other brands But this is the original brand the other ones do not seem to be built as durable.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-0403-Sabercat-Versipack-Khaki/dp/B001DRNHY0

5 hours ago, Pete D said:

Looks cool. What's the make/model? Do the sides of the bag open up so you can get to the card slot an whatnot?

Trying to post a photo of the side pocket but I keep getting a loading error I'll try later.

• 1 month later...

I tried an interesting experiment with my backup rig recently and thought I'd share with the group....

Was on location in Jackson Hole, WY for docu-series and scheduled to film 6 cast members riding the deep back country on snowmobiles. Instead of reinforcing my primary Nomad bag setup, I decided to take my (so far unused) F8 travel backup and make a completely wireless backpack rig: F8 / 4 x SRb / Comtek / etc.... but with wireless boom and headphones + Bluetooth mixing via the Control App. Thus, I was able to mix everything from my iPhone/iPad and carry all the weight on my back. Everything was protected in the bag - leaving only the 2 x SN600a dipoles exposed. 

Due to time constraints it wasn't the most elegant system but it surprisingly worked like a charm. The Bluetooth mixing interface takes some getting used to but was completely usable in my circumstances. In fact, at one point I was driving a snowmobile and had my phone rigged to the dashboard for reference. If Zaxcom made this capability in their Touch App I would certainly use it - often. The bag itself is an older model from Case Logic that has been my workhorse for years. (The hard rubber bottom is a god-sent feature that I cannot live without).  I was able to get a couple of pics: 

Cheers,

Evan Meszaros

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

19 minutes ago, hobbiesodd said:

Thus, I was able to mix everything from my iPhone/iPad and carry all the weight on my back.

Very nice setup! But how did it work to mix on the touchscreen in the cold? Did you try with gloves? Did the screen get wet?

41 minutes ago, axel said:

Very nice setup! But how did it work to mix on the touchscreen in the cold? Did you try with gloves? Did the screen get wet?

I used fingerless gloves under bigger snowboarding mittens but they have gloves with fingertips designed for touch screens. As for moisture, yeah - there was moisture. A lot of it. I have a waterproof setup for my phone but not for my iPad, so I used the phone more often. If I were to seriously consider a setup like this, a durable tablet case is mandatory. 

Cheers,

Evan

cool snow setup - I still hope SD will release a tactile wireless control interface that works like the wingman app, but with physical controls. 

I have a very similar (same?) backpack, a Case Logic SLRC-206. it's affordable, nice and compact and as you say the solid waterproof bottom is very useful. 

On 12/28/2016 at 0:12 PM, GAGaudio said:

Yes it has separate side bags but I cut the fabric dividing the main compartment to the side pocket. it was actually very easy and the stitching is done very well on the bag so you don't have to sew it after cutting it. It also has a lot of different pockets on the top so even though it's smaller I actually can store more things into this bag. and it has a built-in waste strap so all I needed from my harness is my shoulder strap so the bags fits firm against me.

They have discontinued this bag so it's getting harder to find there are other brands But this is the original brand the other ones do not seem to be built as durable.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-0403-Sabercat-Versipack-Khaki/dp/B001DRNHY0

Trying to post a photo of the side pocket but I keep getting a loading error I'll try later.Edit

Edit, are there any plastic loops on the bottom for a harness clip or just the 2 on top?