Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

39 minutes ago, KGraham045 said:

I have a pair of modded 7506. Which have an 3.5mm jack. Its great to not have the cable attached to my headphones.

A1D463FE-E1E4-47BB-846B-B6D7AA2B9360.jpeg

The tiny rig rig is so small. I kinda want to go the earbud route. As the cans are about the same size as the rig.

Now I want to do that to my HD-25s. I'd have to design something to mount the jack but it should be doable. Someone already did this and posted files for the necessary parts- to the 3d printer!

52 minutes ago, Allen Rowand said:

Now I want to do that to my HD-25s. I'd have to design something to mount the jack but it should be doable. Someone already did this and posted files for the necessary parts- to the 3d printer!

It is quite handy to detach the cable (when not in use :-). I've been using these for a while, which you can plug the cable into either side. I let the curly cable retract into side pocket of bag which seems to make headphones easier to stow.

5 hours ago, daniel said:

It is quite handy to detach the cable (when not in use :-). I've been using these for a while, which you can plug the cable into either side. I let the curly cable retract into side pocket of bag which seems to make headphones easier to stow.

Printed the part and found a jack to fit, now I just have to do the soldering.

IMG_20180312_155423.jpg

1 hour ago, mark kirchner said:

Liking the 302 poking out.

I am wondering what that is being used for though, when there is already a 688 in the bag. Not sure I can see a clear use for the 302 by looking at the rest of the gear there, as to where the 302 fits in with them. 

On 3/14/2018 at 6:46 AM, Robert Bluemke said:

I recently switched from the Orca OR-32 to the Porta Brace AO 1.5 silent. Really liking this set up, I shed at least three pounds of bag weight and I get to use my Stingray harness again. 

What was it about the OR-32 that meant you couldn't use your Stingray harness before?

16 hours ago, IronFilm said:

What was it about the OR-32 that meant you couldn't use your Stingray harness before?

I didn’t like the way the Stingray fit with the Orca bag, and I also found that it was taking more time to get into the harness. 

It was just personal preference, I see quite a few mixers using the Stingray/Orca combo and they seem to make it work for them. 

Latest iteration of my 633/Zax bag.

- Sound Devices 633

- Zaxcom QRX200

- Zaxcom QRX235 with QIFB board, external antenna

- Zaxcom Micplexer2

- AudioRoot vmDBOX-HRS

- Swit V-lock battery

- K-tek Stingray Small bag

- Sennheiser SK100 IFB/cam ref tx

- RF Explorer

- Sennheiser HD-25

- A bunch of cables. about 19

IMG_3389.JPG

Screen_Shot_2018-03-19_at_13_45_48.png

On 13/3/2018 at 6:46 PM, Robert Bluemke said:

I recently switched from the Orca OR-32 to the Porta Brace AO 1.5 silent. Really liking this set up, I shed at least three pounds of bag weight and I get to use my Stingray harness again. 

Switched the Porta Brace AO 1.5 silent. as well , Got it fully packed now :-)

20180319_135119.jpg

Hi All,

Re:  Bag for MixPre 10T   :   

Can anyone recommend a wide bottomed, fairly deep bag that has enough internal space for the somewhat awkward dual L-Mount battery battery sled for the MIXPRE-10T ? The sled, when attached with  one or two batteries, makes the MIXPRE 10-T taller  and much wider at the bottom due to the way that the L-Mount batteries are mounted kind of north and south. Essentially, the MIXPRE remains slender on the top and mid section but becomes "wide bottomed".

My current Portabrace bag will only allow enough north-south clearance to have only one L-mount battery in the sled at a time - kind of limiting.

As always, thanks for your kind advice.

All the best,

Dave

On 3/20/2018 at 1:48 AM, Frido Beck said:

Latest iteration of my 633/Zax bag.

Interesting you're using a combo of Sound Devices and Zaxcom, may you share what lead you down this path? (vs say getting a Nomad or Maxx with your Zaxcom wireless)

On 3/20/2018 at 11:02 AM, Dave said:

My current Portabrace bag will only allow enough north-south clearance to have only one L-mount battery in the sled at a time - kind of limiting.

Does it help if you put a small NPF battery such as a NPF570 on the south side?

18 hours ago, Csaba Major said:

Updated bag with 9 wireless and a stereo camera hop. 1dbeaabb963381f75bb14387243fdb5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice and big bag :-)
Question :  your DNS2 seems quite close to RX and bag I suppose you must be using really low profile XLRs I guess ? But even so it still looks quite close 
and from the pic it's hard to see :-) 
My XLRs even if low profile are taking too much bag space 
Would be nice if CEDAR could make a more bag friendly version  as well   

20180322_145849 (Large).jpg

Nice and big bag :-)
Question :  your DNS2 seems quite close to RX and bag I suppose you must be using really low profile XLRs I guess ? But even so it still looks quite close 
and from the pic it's hard to see :-) 
My XLRs even if low profile are taking too much bag space 
Would be nice if CEDAR could make a more bag friendly version  as well   

5ab3c369b7d75_20180322_145849(Large).thumb.jpg.e21825037939d8b243f04b6c589c13f8.jpg

807c8bba37e7b1a7c77a47a0e1a76013.jpg

Yes! It was from filmtontechnik Germany.
But i already buy from your kit!
:)

807c8bba37e7b1a7c77a47a0e1a76013.jpg

Yes! It was from filmtontechnik Germany.
But i already buy from your kit!
[emoji4]

d0a5b3d1a879be7893e97a8bc4c31b60.jpg

d0a5b3d1a879be7893e97a8bc4c31b60.jpg

d77e5ad59b445813ea4e66170fedc423.jpg

On 21-3-2018 at 11:57 PM, IronFilm said:

Interesting you're using a combo of Sound Devices and Zaxcom, may you share what lead you down this path? (vs say getting a Nomad or Maxx with your Zaxcom wireless)

Well, it's really simple: When I started I bought a 633 because I rented it a couple of times before and really liked the workflow of that machine.

I had two Sennheiser EW100 wireless microphones, and later upgraded them to Zaxcom. Still now I wouldn't get a Maxx because of reasons, and I'd rather save money now to maybe buy a DEVA 24 than to upgrade to a Nomad 12 now since 633 fills 85% of my needs at this moment. And you can have a great Zaxcom/Zaxnet workflow with the QRX235/QIFB. The only downside is that I need to use an Analogue signal between QRX's and 633. 

If my jobs get bigger i'll decide if I go the DEVA 24 route(when they have integrated Zaxnet transmitter and Dante input) or maybe a next version of Sound Devices (if they decide to not go prosumer again)

On March 19, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Dave said:

Hi All,

Re:  Bag for MixPre 10T   :   

Can anyone recommend a wide bottomed, fairly deep bag that has enough internal space for the somewhat awkward dual L-Mount battery battery sled for the MIXPRE-10T ? The sled, when attached with  one or two batteries, makes the MIXPRE 10-T taller  and much wider at the bottom due to the way that the L-Mount batteries are mounted kind of north and south. Essentially, the MIXPRE remains slender on the top and mid section but becomes "wide bottomed".

As always, thanks for your kind advice.

All the best,

Dave

Just used a 10T and it was in a small Stingray bag.  Wasn't using the L-mount batteries but it did have the AA battery sled on it and there seemed to be plenty of space below it.