Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

20 hours ago, joi b said:

My 633 setup - everything in the bag running on BDS and HI-Q juice

- Joi B  / Reykjavik

633KIT.jpg

Similar set-up for my 633. I wish the outer most pocket on the Stingray Jnr had opened ended zips (to the top of the pocket) so this type of RX could be clipped to the flap and settings adjusted easily on the units by letting said flap open. I could do it myself with scissors and snips but rather buy RX of a different form. As it is I clip the RX onto a rigid piece of plastic (6"x4") and slip this in and out of the pocket. 

• 7 months later...

F604DB9C-1008-4171-B74E-058159632DBF.jpeg

Inspired by Jonathan Lalouz, I decided to try out the Condor bags for a smaller setup. Here you can see the 633, with a Soundbags Dashboard, two SRs, and an AudioRoot distro. In the pocket to the left is my Comtek Tx, in the pocket to the right is a G3 that I’m temporarily using as a hop, and in the front pouch is my eSmart battery. There really isn’t a lot of room for anything else. I had to have all my cables custom made for low profile harnesses. 

I really like this setup, and it does what it needs to for about 80-90% of my bag work. I have an V2 Dashboard, I understand that the V3’s are lighter than these. This setup puts the weight in one place as opposed to dispersing it throughout a larger bag, so it feels heavier when lifted by hand, but can easily be worn with just a strap without killing your shoulders/back. It is also so compact that it can fit into just about any kind of standard sized case. 

As nice and small as this is, I like what @RadoStefanov is doing with the same bag for his Nova OneUnit. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:49 PM, JonG said:

F604DB9C-1008-4171-B74E-058159632DBF.jpeg

Inspired by Jonathan Lalouz, I decided to try out the Condor bags for a smaller setup. Here you can see the 633, with a Soundbags Dashboard, two SRs, and an AudioRoot distro. In the pocket to the left is my Comtek Tx, in the pocket to the right is a G3 that I’m temporarily using as a hop, and in the front pouch is my eSmart battery. There really isn’t a lot of room for anything else. I had to have all my cables custom made for low profile harnesses. 

I really like this setup, and it does what it needs to for about 80-90% of my bag work. I have an V2 Dashboard, I understand that the V3’s are lighter than these. This setup puts the weight in one place as opposed to dispersing it throughout a larger bag, so it feels heavier when lifted by hand, but can easily be worn with just a strap without killing your shoulders/back. It is also so compact that it can fit into just about any kind of standard sized case. 

As nice and small as this is, I like what @RadoStefanov is doing with the same bag for his Nova OneUnit. 

Great review and great bag. I can not recommended enough. You can follow my mod post here in the DIY section.  

• 1 month later...

9 hours ago, Soundio said:

Mixpre 6

MCR42s +MTB40s+MTP41s

EK6042+SK5212II L×2

UM450+UCR100×10(for CAM hops & IFB)

Hi, it's interesting to see Wisycom and Sennheiser side by side. I decide which system to go to. If you can compare the duel between them: if you compare battery life, RF quality, audio quality and ease of use?

Thank you very much.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:50 PM, humbuk said:

Hi, it's interesting to see Wisycom and Sennheiser side by side. I decide which system to go to. If you can compare the duel between them: if you compare battery life, RF quality, audio quality and ease of use?

Thank you very much.

No problem,I'll let you know if I did that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, Alfred Faber said:

Where is this output routes from on the 633? Is there a setting that lets you mute this when not rolling automatically or do you manually turn it down between takes?

If you haven't updated your 633 firmware in a while you'll need to do this, it was a relatively somewhat recent firmware update. 

1 minute ago, Dominique greffard said:

Not perfect but that’ll get me started on the nova.
New custom bag with magnets✔️
Nova with wings ✔️
Headphones to the right and boom to the left ✔️
3d printed Solid Battery sled ✔️
Stands up solid, 4 points attachements and weights under 6 pounds total ✔️

02C3F317-F4C4-4EB6-B096-EF1DF4E7C62C.jpeg

156D01C6-2E9F-4B24-A946-EDAA1BF46602.jpeg

051467E2-1D36-40F0-B9C6-A7C036A36FFC.jpeg

Great setup.  I guess the million dollar question though is where do you intend on keeping all the "extras" in terms of batteries / transmitters etc etc?

7 hours ago, codyman said:

Great setup.  I guess the million dollar question though is where do you intend on keeping all the "extras" in terms of batteries / transmitters etc etc?

I thought the point was that there ARE no extras - battery at the back, transmitters built in? Although I'm not sure what the Nova actually can do, I could be wrong. Otherwise - extras elsewhere

I think what the poster means with "extras" are those things that you need to have with you when working  ---  if you have another bag or a case that holds these things, like transmitters, lavs and mounting gags, boom mics, etc., then the bag that houses the Nova only needs the space for the recorder-mixer-receivers box and the battery. If you want to have all your stuff in one bag then of course a larger bag will be needed.

16 hours ago, Dominique greffard said:

Not perfect but that’ll get me started on the nova.
New custom bag with magnets✔️
Nova with wings ✔️
Headphones to the right and boom to the left ✔️
3d printed Solid Battery sled ✔️
Stands up solid, 4 points attachements and weights under 6 pounds total ✔️

02C3F317-F4C4-4EB6-B096-EF1DF4E7C62C.jpeg

156D01C6-2E9F-4B24-A946-EDAA1BF46602.jpeg

051467E2-1D36-40F0-B9C6-A7C036A36FFC.jpeg

Interesting. What's the material (looks like fleece)? Why the wings?

15 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

I think what the poster means with "extras" are those things that you need to have with you when working  ---  if you have another bag or a case that holds these things, like transmitters, lavs and mounting gags, boom mics, etc., then the bag that houses the Nova only needs the space for the recorder-mixer-receivers box and the battery. If you want to have all your stuff in one bag then of course a larger bag will be needed.

Exactly.  I do a lot of run and gun documentaries and I love the idea of an all in one unit to simplify things and weight, however, when you are running around Any Town USA (or World), you need to have all the "extras" alongside you whether it be extra batteries / spare transmitters etc.  Right now I have a Pelican Backpack which has been fantastic to be able to keep it nearby in a support vehicle or worse case scenario throw it on my back and hoof around with it on.  I guess the advantage of this setup is that you wouldn't have to keep as many backup cables since there aren't any cables really to begin with!