Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

On 3/4/2020 at 12:48 PM, daniel said:

I was going to say "very dinky" (in the british sense) but after checking, now understand it's meaning in north america is less than flattering. Oh well: Your rig is very small and neat. Thinking an MCR54 and my new F6 would also be 'sick'.

Is there any info on the MCR54 available somewhere?

17 hours ago, daniel said:

Raycom say mid march (next week maybe), c. £4200. lots of names on a list etc. Not seen any info/brochures yet. So many people hot for this not really needed from a sales a perspective.

Ok thanks, found some info in a private FB UK soundie group with a thread from Raycom with some of the specs etc.  Looks really promising. Sorry for going OT - but it would indeed be very neat for make the bags even smaller.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, VAS said:

The bag itself from ORCA is very heavy.

ORCA must think about to make ones with less weight.

This is why I have never been a fan of the rigid bags that have been popular the past few years, and have stuck with the simple PortaBrace bag that initially came with the 633, or moved to a Condor bag for a smaller footprint. 

That’s also why I still use my old Kortwich bag, light, well organised and really good quality, like new after so many years.

I tried the K-Tek but they are so heavy that my back refuse to use this, even if I found the side pockets rally well tought. 
unfortunately, Kortwich doesn’t make bags anymore. I think the guy in charge is retired now. 

Henri,

Sewers (is that the word for couturistes?) continue making bags but no more at Kortwich. I have ordered my boom bag this winter, as Ambient nor Kortwich do not makes the bag anymore. Price stays the same or just a small difference (can't compare as I don't have the old price list).  

Ask Dieter for order in Switzerland.

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 7:04 PM, RadoStefanov said:

Rigid bags are for people who can not organize their gear and bag

sounds pretty insulting, so every person that owns a K-Tek and Orca mixer bag is a dope and doesn't know the first thing about organizing their gear, wow. i congratulate you for finding a lighter solution that fits your daily work and physical limitations but you really went a bit off on this one.

11 hours ago, Favio said:

sounds pretty insulting, so every person that owns a K-Tek and Orca mixer bag is a dope and doesn't know the first thing about organizing their gear, wow. i congratulate you for finding a lighter solution that fits your daily work and physical limitations but you really went a bit off on this one.

As someone who uses a rigid bag, I completely agree with Rado. I think he’s going to be on the right side of history when our backs are all messed up years from now.

12 hours ago, Favio said:

not at all insulting to users. Users have no choice but buy this crap. 
I personally make my own bags so I don’t really care for myself. I care for all the users that are forced to carry those insane bags.  Let’s hope we get universal health care by the time we get old. Back pain is no joke. It is a real suffering. 

6 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

not at all insulting to users. Users have no choice but buy this crap. 
I personally make my own bags so I don’t really care for myself. I care for all the users that are forced to carry those insane bags.  Let’s hope we get universal health care by the time we get old. Back pain is no joke. It is a real suffering. 

1 life, 1 spine. Even if they invent spinal transplants, I don;t imagine they'll be available to many without a universal health care system 😷.

32 minutes ago, codyman said:

How are those Betso Bowties treating you?

I dig them for sure. Pretty similar, maybe a bit better performance to the SNA600s, but I like them because there is no moving parts, the clamps they come with are nice and it comes with 4 cables too. Now I use my SNA600s for transmissions. The bow ties can transmit too though if needed. I’m only using bow ties on bag though. If I’m on my cart I use Betso Sharkies.

1 hour ago, RocketTreeAudio said:

I dig them for sure. Pretty similar, maybe a bit better performance to the SNA600s, but I like them because there is no moving parts, the clamps they come with are nice and it comes with 4 cables too. Now I use my SNA600s for transmissions. The bow ties can transmit too though if needed. I’m only using bow ties on bag though. If I’m on my cart I use Betso Sharkies.

Yeah I ditched my SNA's years ago as they were just too much of a hassle for bags (at least with my setup at the time).  Was going to upgrade to an 833 SL2 bowtie combo before COVID hit but that's been put on the back burner for now, sadly.  Here's hoping for a 4 channel SRd in the near future though.