Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

On 8/6/2021 at 2:32 PM, Paul F said:

I'd be curious about aluminum knobs for the F8.

I bought the printed ones https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=zoom+f8+knobs&_sacat=0 and found them to be unusable for a double row mixer. They take up too much space and make it near impossible to use the push buttons and the faders themselves.  Low profile and smaller diameter might work.

For a single row of faders it's probably not a problem.

Kishor Chauhan did this (SD knobs, no longer available), but he never explained how he did it. Zoom faders don't have shafts. 

image.jpeg

Same, those would be awesome!

I can make those knobs. But I'm not willing to pull the knobs off until I know how to do it. I tried pulling them off, but after pulling a certain amount, I feared any stronger would break something. Zoom says they come off, but they are not designed to do so, whatever that means. So I need either someone to explain how they come  off or a victim willing to try it.

efksound, posted this picture from a Facebook posting by someone else back in 2016.

1919438_563258750492505_1769778679343597225_n.jpg

On 11/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, Paul F said:

I can make those knobs. But I'm not willing to pull the knobs off until I know how to do it. I tried pulling them off, but after pulling a certain amount, I feared any stronger would break something. Zoom says they come off, but they are not designed to do so, whatever that means. So I need either someone to explain how they come  off or a victim willing to try it.

efksound, posted this picture from a Facebook posting by someone else back in 2016.

1919438_563258750492505_1769778679343597225_n.jpg

Ouch! Definitely different than my F4. They have shafts. Looks like the knob may just be "glued" to that little ribbed bit.

I've been on a college football show this fall and here is my setup. Nova with 2 plug on zmt3hm to Sennheiser MD46 and a lectro T4 for IFB feed with IFBlues to our host/guests and producer. I'm hardlined to camera and I use a humkiller with the IFB feed from the truck. nothing crazy, just nice and simple.

IMG_5433.jpg

On 11/23/2021 at 1:28 AM, Michael McQueen said:

I've been on a college football show this fall and here is my setup. Nova with 2 plug on zmt3hm to Sennheiser MD46 and a lectro T4 for IFB feed with IFBlues to our host/guests and producer. I'm hardlined to camera and I use a humkiller with the IFB feed from the truck. nothing crazy, just nice and simple.

IMG_5433.jpg

What is a "humkiller"?

On 11/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, Shastapete said:

An inline transformer used to isolate his bag from any ground loop problems coming from the production truck.

This is one from Sescom: https://www.sescom.com/products/view/product/productslug/il-19-pro-audio-hum-eliminator-inline-with-isolation

Its a must have for every sound mixer. you never know when that little thingy can save your butt. 

On 11/29/2021 at 5:36 AM, sciproductions said:

Ahhh okay, I usually only use a wireless camera link. But good to know.

its not necessarily for camera sends, its more of what is being sent to you. if you ever need to take a PA feed or plug into a mult box, I always use this. not saying Ive used it a lot over the years, but its always in my kit in my "problem solvers" pouch. depends a lot on your style of work, but do this long enough and you'll plug into something that'll give you a hum and you'll need it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, ronmac said:

Every time I see a picture of a 552 I am amazed at how beautiful they are and what versatility they offer.

Very nice bag rig, Bernie!

Agreed! Love seeing a 552 out in the wild. I just installed mine in my main cart (as the backup) as my 744 went in for repair and I need something soon. Usually my 552 works on my playback cart routing signals out from my interface.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mattias Larsen said:

@Spin360 Thats slick! What do you use as antenna combiner for the Lectros?

I'm using two Mini Circuit splitters that were recommended to me here in the forum. They've been working perfectly and don't waste nearly as much space as a full blown splitter.

They are sitting right below the Mixpre :)

image.pngimage.png

My bag:

- K-Tec Stingray.. Medium?

- Sounddevices 833

- Audioroot Smart bats on a custom shoe with TA4/Hirose split output

- OPS-Shop Hirose distro

- MCR54 + Betso bowties

- Ambient boom and Sennheiser 8060 in a Rycote WS3

- DPA4097 plant somewhere

- 2x Wisy MTP40s 2x MTP41s

- DPA6060 and VT 506 Lavs

- Sennheiser IFB transmitter

- Mounted on a ZUCA cart 

Based in switzerland :)

• 2 weeks later...

My 833 with 4 Lectrosonics L Series TX/RX and Lectrosonics SPDR back-up recorder. I start the SPDR at the beginning of the shoot and leave it recording all day. I use a
My wireless boom has a Lectrosonics HMa UHF Plug-On Wireless Transmitter, CMIT 5 shotgun in a Cyclone wind protector. It is connected to a Sound Device M1 for boom op the monitor shotgun.

IMG_2002.heic IMG_2290.heic IMG_2290.heic