Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

post-3055-134087214567.jpg

My personal bag. Using it for educational films for EF.

Class difference :)

Boom mics are mkh50 and ntg3

Lavs are dpa 4060

Oh and btw on my last job I discovered that carrying on the hips only was very comfy, so I figured I'd try with this little portabrace bag with a normal shoulder band. It works! :)5fc786f5-1cd5-6091.jpg

• 1 month later...

I designed and order a custom Kortwich bag for my Nomad which I just received. I have to say, this is the nicest bag I've ever worked with.

There are internal openings for cabling between all of the compartments except the utility pocket. That keeps all the cabling inside the bag, protected, and clean.

The front has a utility pocket with pen holders etc, and next to it is a pocket for camera hop transmitters, which also houses my bds.

The main pocket has my wireless and antenna distro. There is a tall pocket on the left that can hold two NP-1s with a battery cup at the botttom.

The whole bag zips open to make accessing the XLRs on the nomad easy, and there is enough room that the IFB antenna on a right angle SMA fits perfectly without strain being put on the antenna by the bag.

On the right side is a strap for my headphones.

It came with the waist belt and a shoulder strap, as well as a great big clear plastic rain cover.

post-2639-0-97519900-1343498070.jpg

post-2639-0-97765400-1343498105.jpg

post-2639-0-65157100-1343498146.jpg

post-2639-0-10677900-1343498408.jpg

post-2639-0-68580600-1343498355.jpg

I'm about to buy one on Monday morning.

I was going for the third version on this page http://www.filmtontechnik.de/412.html as it looks the best of the 3 there.

What are the differences with your design?

I might buy one of those if it is better.

The main differences are the pocket configuration. I had them put an NP-1 pocket on the left side of the bag, and a strap with a buckle for my headphones on the right side of the bag. I also requested a cable opening between the NP-1 pocket and the main compartment.

On the front of the bag, I had them make me a smaller utility pocket, about 2/3 the width of the bag, with pen holders in it. As I found out yesterday, it's exactly the width of my table which I use for sound reports. Unplanned, but a huge bonus for me!

Next to the utility pouch I asked for a small pocket to house 2 camera hop transmitters, with a cable opening into the main pouch as well.

To design this bag, I thought a lot about how I worked with my portabrace 552 bag, and what I wanted moving forward. I then looked at the two different bags that Kortwich makes for the Nomad, and I took elements from both to make a bag specific to my kit. I started with the first bag on the top left (of the link you posted), then started making changes.

If the stock configuration works for you, I would go for it, it will save you a lot of time. It's taken several months to get my bag, I think in part due to slow communication, and I'm not sure at what stage that communication slowed down. That being said, I'm glad I waited and got the exact bag I wanted. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Get the waist belt with it. It's worth it.

No shoulder harness at all? Wow.

if you have the opportunity, can you strap your bag on someone and take a photo? Curious to see how it sits.

Scroll down to the middle of the page. Not the best pic, but might give you an idea.

Waist belt is maybe $25 extra I believe. It is very well made and padded, takes the weight off your shoulders...a very nice feature in my opinion.