Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

Well, when one craps out... i have a back up (for once). Also, I seem to get double booked a lot where I am and there's no other kit in the area to rent out, well not anymore :) If I had both available to choose from, it would depend upon the type of show really from which bag I'd rather work with.

post-4834-0-61392000-1346002787.jpg

Hi matt, im sorry thou, its one of those no brand ,made in china product. no box or brochure. it was just sold packed in a transparent diy heat seal bag. cost about 35usd. what i can do is to go back to the shop and ask for its manufacturer or something.

i even bought another antenna which is the same shape as the stock that ships with the nomad, but think double the lenght..good distance from it too except that its abit awkward to keep it in my skb roller case. its a 8dbi boost..omni..while the panel one is directional.

I found this chilean company that sells a pannel/sectorial antenna of similar size but 12dBi, ( Model M-FPA2412)

i think, with 3 or 4 watt amp, splitter, and 3 antennas you can have 360 degrees transmission. Maybe the perfect solution.

her´s the catalog,

http://www.matronic.cl/catalogo.pdf

248423_4014582435224_1717798271_n.jpg

Nothing particularly special about my rookie bag, but I do enjoy setting up a work station with the Stanely toolbox on wheels underneath it. It holds all my cables, accessories, and allows me to drop my bag inside and lock it up when I have to quickly move all my tools to the next shooting location. It even fit a foldable stool I picked up from Big 5 Sporting Goods that also straps onto my back whenever I need a rest from that Zoom H4N!

This bag has to get me through the rest of this year, and come February I'll be switching it up with the Nomad and 2 SRa receivers.

Super lightweight bag I just used for 3 weeks on a doc.

We shot with two Nikon D800's. No timecode required.. editor insists that they sync with pluraleyes and that no scratch feed required either. I was very glad having this light bag and not a 788 with Lectro 411s as we spent between 4 and 8 hours hiking some days.

The little Sony M-10 also turned out to be a very reliable and great sounding little recorder. The internal omnis provide a quick and easy way to get stereo atmospheres as well.. not fantastic imaging of course but fast to deploy wins imho.

post-857-0-37325000-1353060123_thumb.jpg

post-1889-0-05807600-1353082594_thumb.jp

Here is my current bag setup. Finally at a point worth sharing.

Nomad 6 (now a Nomad 10!) in a PEGZ-2

I just got the Sna600 Dipoles and am still working on the best/most out of the way placement and mounting. Really liking the increase in range so far though!

The red toggle switches in the upper right is a set of remote power switches for a DIY BDS buried in the bottom of the bag. It has 4 circuits. One unswitched for the Nomad, and then switched circuits for my QRX, Comtek trx, and G3 RX's. I still need to find/make some decent battery eliminators for the G3's and Comtek for those to work though.

You can't see it, but I cut a piece of plexiglass that mirrors the shape of the center divider so I had a more stable surface to mount the receivers and other stuff to. I was also able to drill holes into it to attach cable ties and keep the cables mostly organized underneath.

Next step is to get another QRX and two more TRX900's.

I also use an HD-p2, but with an SQN 4S. I really like the setup.

However, the gig I'm on at the moment demanded iso's, so they rented me a 788, pic attached. Really enjoying using it, but obviously a very different sound to what i'm used to. An SQN recorder would be a dream.

Radios are Micron w/Sankens. Powered by an IDX NP1 with Hawkwoods Distro. Easily does a day's shooting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...