Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

PortaBrace 664/CL6 bag with 5 wireless, 7 mics, BDS/NP1, Antenna tube, 2 Tx for hops. 13lbs Have an RM-Multi bag to throw on if I need to carry more, but this is my purpose built light-weight setup.

This setup is exactly what I am planning for, I have the mixer now just need the lectros to match!

Second 664 Rig. Petrol PS617, Lectro SRB. 2 UM400A, LMa, NP-1/BDS. Weighs in at 16lbs 9oz.

Love how clean this is.

Looks good. Any idea of the the weight?

CrewC

No, I haven't weighed it yet.

Any reason behind having the RX's spaced out from the Nomad like that, instead of swapping them and the (what I can assume are) Lav boxes around. Tuck the weight in closer.

Yes, RF bleed from the Nomad. Sucks but it helps a little.

No flashy new gear, but this is what I'm using at the moment:

post-2617-0-43059200-1358828489_thumb.jp

SD 552

SD 744T (when necessary)

2 x QRX100Q linked via USB serial for Zaxnet (only 1 has IFB option)

iPhone 4 running MovieSlate or Denecke Timecode App

Sennheiser G3 transmitter for boom or camera link

Sennheiser SK2000XP transmitter for IFB/Client RX

Remote Audio BDSv.4U with RM

Mine.

I added ( not on all pictures ) the Unislot Blue anodised frame in order to make the removal of the SRa a breeze. Now i can load my bag with just the correct amount of wireless i need and make the bag lighter in the process. Connection for them is thru a DB25 that has Audio and DC in it ( my custom built cables ).

this is amazing, can i pm you and ask you some questions about this setup?

I wasn't sure if this was appropriate here or the "Images" group but since this topic showed up, felt compelled to post this one from a gig last year. Apologies if it is somewhat off topic.

I have to commend you all by having that much stuff in your bags. Reduction of weight is usually my goal with my bags but doesn't always happen.

Gabe

sweet

My trusty bag for over five years...SQN mini is a great mixer.  The outside pouches have held Comtek, an extra receiver, an Edirol recorder, or a small bottle of water.  All powered by a NP1 battery sled under the mixer.  LIGHTWEIGHT, functional and all I have needed. 

Alas it is being replaced by a 552 and Petrol 601 as soon as I get to the reconfigure!  Will be sad to see my little guy go....

cleve

post-32-0-43109900-1358964398_thumb.jpg

My trusty bag for over five years...SQN mini is a great mixer.  The outside pouches have held Comtek, an extra receiver, an Edirol recorder, or a small bottle of water.  All powered by a NP1 battery sled under the mixer.  LIGHTWEIGHT, functional and all I have needed. 

Alas it is being replaced by a 552 and Petrol 601 as soon as I get to the reconfigure!  Will be sad to see my little guy go....

cleve

I don't know.  If it were me, I'd want to keep it as a nice simple light weight bag and only pull out the 552 when I neede the extra inputs or the recording features.  Keep it small and  light whenever you can!  Save your back.

Tom

My trusty bag for over five years...SQN mini is a great mixer. (.....)

cleve

I had to make the same move last year.

I would've make another bag but it's not only the mixer, there is also all the other gear, the cabling, the configuration, the BDS system... too expensive to maintain.

So the SQN is now recording my guitars. It excels at the task, too...

I am enjoying the Kortwich bag for the 664/CL-6 combo.  The construction is much better than the Portabrace or Petro bags I have.  Combined with the double waist belt, the Kortwich really shines.  The downside for me is having some extra storage/mounting points.  They do sell some small wireless pouches that attach along the top front of the bag. 

My solution was to add two of the mounts that Petrol uses to mount their small pouches.  Now if I need the extra space for a Comtek or wireless hop transmitter, they can be quickly attached.

David

post-351-0-25437000-1359408312_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-08361400-1359408325_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-75745200-1359408337_thumb.jpg

I am enjoying the Kortwich bag for the 664/CL-6 combo.  The construction is much better than the Portabrace or Petro bags I have.  Combined with the double waist belt, the Kortwich really shines.  The downside for me is having some extra storage/mounting points.  They do sell some small wireless pouches that attach along the top front of the bag. 

My solution was to add two of the mounts that Petrol uses to mount their small pouches.  Now if I need the extra space for a Comtek or wireless hop transmitter, they can be quickly attached.

David

Thats a really good solution.  Did you have Kortwich install those or did you do it yourself.  I now have three of their custom bags for my different systems, and have thought about modifying them even further, but haven't really dared, short of putting a couple holes in for cable passthroughs that weren't where I wanted them.  If its a solo job, did you just use a needle and thread?  What do you do for cabling once you attach the modular pieces?

e.

Kortwich didn't do this.  Awl and thread.  The mounts are readily available.  For cabling I am going through the ports in the bag and ending up at their pouches, with the cable stowed there until I need it.  I will make another photo later.

David