Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

"   Both the whip and the dipole seem to have difficulty hanging on to a signal when I go around corners etc. "

no doubt...

the RF does not bend around corners, so it must go through the attenuator (wall, whatever)...

My guess is, that running the transmitter at 125mw will boost my range considerably. "

maybe, maybe not,  but it will improve the reliability over at least the existing range

"   Both the whip and the dipole seem to have difficulty hanging on to a signal when I go around corners etc. "

no doubt...

the RF does not bend around corners, so it must go through the attenuator (wall, whatever)...

My guess is, that running the transmitter at 125mw will boost my range considerably. "

maybe, maybe not,  but it will improve the reliability over at least the existing range

Agreed, it's often thought that more power is more distance and that isn't always the case.  My experience has been as Mike suggests.

Brian

I couldn't agree more Jeff. If my bag were that clean I would live in it. Seriously though great job on that sled. The cable harness for the SR's is super slick and the sled keeps the stress off the cables that's a solid rig. Looks like the weight is down to a minimum also as he has eliminated the need for an octopack. Although the octopack is rather sexy!

My first maxed out recording with the 664/CL6 rig,  Not exactly 100% bag.  Two Venues feeding the 664 with a Zax camera hop to the main camera.  The event was the UT football teams first practice with the new head coach Bruce Jones.

The 664 performed without a hitch!

Thank you Sound Devices.

David

post-351-0-85436500-1362935907_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-78216000-1362935921_thumb.jpg

In this instance, 10 wireless on coaches, and the two ambient mics mounted on the antenna masts.  That took all of the available inputs.  Wire everybody, practice for three hours then done!  Though there were some sit down interviews later.

David

food for thought - for those who use the 'um' style of Lectrosonics TX:

Lectrosonics tweaker tweak

the round file is a Stihl # 5605 750 4327  (5/32 diameter.)

the Nicholson flat bastard is 6" long version.

attachicon.gifLectrosonics tweaker mod - 1.jpgattachicon.gifLectrosonics tweaker mod - 2.jpgattachicon.gifLectrosonics tweaker mod - 3.jpgattachicon.gifLectrosonics tweaker mod - 5.jpg

Genius!!!

Finally got my new bag assembled.

post-4162-0-67418000-1363411482_thumb.jp

Zaxcom Nomad 10
3 Zaxcom TRX900 Transmitters with Sanken COS11 Lavs
1 Zaccom TRX-942 Wireless Boom Transmitter
2 Zaxcom QRX100Q 4 Channel Receivers
1 Sennheirser MKH416
1 Zaxcom ERX1TCD Receiver for wireless audio and timecode to camera
2 Zaxcom ERX IFB

1 Rode NTG2

1 Rode NT4

1 AT4041

Looking forward to putting it to use, but a little daunted by the Zaxnet learning curve!

-KC

www.audiohangar.com

Looking forward to putting it to use, but a little daunted by the Zaxnet learning curve!

-KC

www.audiohangar.com

You have assembled a very elegant and functional bag here --- looks good! It is true that there is a Zaxcom learning curve, there is a lot to learn! Even though all the items pictured, Nomad recorder, Zaxcom receivers and transmitters, all look just like similar items in other bags (that have Sound Devices recorders, Lectro transmitters, receivers) the Zaxcom gear has so many more features it is a lot to wrap your head around. Once you do, however, you would never want to be without those functions and features.