Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

Not much compared to many bags here, but I'm proud of it seeing as at this time last year all I owned was a Zoom h4n and a Shure SM57...

Thanks to Wandering Ear for the rope handle and drpro for the advice on attaching the Petrol wireless pouches.

The batteries hide in the front pouch.

attachicon.gifIMG_1302.JPG

What is this power system you have here?

• 2 weeks later...

Not much compared to many bags here, but I'm proud of it seeing as at this time last year all I owned was a Zoom h4n and a Shure SM57...

Thanks to Wandering Ear for the rope handle and drpro for the advice on attaching the Petrol wireless pouches.

attachicon.gifIMG_1289.JPG

The batteries hide in the front pouch.

attachicon.gifIMG_1302.JPG

Hi Max I like your I like your power system, please  can you tell me how did you made it​​?

Thanks Stefano. It's a Hawk-Woods DV-SQN4s, using Sony NP-F style camcorder batteries. Very affordable and amazing battery life. I get about 15+ hours with an SRa and the Nomad. Also pictured is a dual iPhone charger from Blue Cow Cables.

a little disclaimer:

I use np1s on my cart and my nomad bag. I decided to start using np1s simply because it is very easy to swap batteries. i have the np1 cup mounted on the bottom of my bag and just pull the old one and slide the new one in. For my maxx setup I will be using a hawkwood Sony L distro cup combo.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice mod Pierre. I modded a Petrol pouch to hold a custom built bloop slate shown in my 302 bag below. I may as well also take this time to re-post here since my bag setup has changed so much since my last post. Eventually this will be an archive of my bag evolution (and additions of new bags  8)).

The family:

post-3713-0-14961900-1368382184_thumb.jp

My 552 bag. This is my primary bag for 80% of projects I do. The other 20% get the 302 bag.

post-3713-0-44736300-1368382174_thumb.jp

I'm a little OCD about labeling and cabling these days, so all my antennas are color coded to their respective Tx / Rx channels.

post-3713-0-91954300-1368382175_thumb.jp

My 302 bag. You can see the bloop slate on the left side of the bag near the headphone strap. I know it's old school, but for non-TC DSLR shoots this thing is awesome. 

post-3713-0-73420700-1368382177_thumb.jp

A simple Petrol pouch mod to accomodate the custom Bloop slate. The large hole accommodates the incredibly bright LED with magnifying lens, and the small hole below it accommodates the piezo speaker which transmits the 400Hz tone.

post-3713-0-25512600-1368382180_thumb.jp

Top of the bloop slate. Can be switched to either with or without audible tone. The large button engages the slate.

post-3713-0-80973800-1368382181_thumb.jp

That's a serious cage you got there for your QRX.  I love it.  Is it custom made?

I'm curious as to why you have it on the camera handle?

Gabe

One antenna is an older Lectrosonics 3-element Yagi and the other is a PWS helical.  Each feeds one antenna in on the top Venue which then feeds the second Venue.  All in all worked well no drop outs.  I have since used the same setup in the UT football stadium, with the cart mid way up in the seats, puts me further from the action (probably 100 meters or so) still no drop outs.

Thanks

David

Nice kit !

So the dipole is working with the Zax TRX ?

Very nice mod Pierre. I modded a Petrol pouch to hold a custom built bloop slate shown in my 302 bag below. I may as well also take this time to re-post here since my bag setup has changed so much since my last post. Eventually this will be an archive of my bag evolution (and additions of new bags 8)).

The family:

IMG_7548.jpg

My 552 bag. This is my primary bag for 80% of projects I do. The other 20% get the 302 bag.

IMG_7513.jpg

I'm a little OCD about labeling and cabling these days, so all my antennas are color coded to their respective Tx / Rx channels.

IMG_7526.jpg

My 302 bag. You can see the bloop slate on the left side of the bag near the headphone strap. I know it's old school, but for non-TC DSLR shoots this thing is awesome.

IMG_7530.jpg

A simple Petrol pouch mod to accomodate the custom Bloop slate. The large hole accommodates the incredibly bright LED with magnifying lens, and the small hole below it accommodates the piezo speaker which transmits the 400Hz tone.

IMG_7536.jpg

Top of the bloop slate. Can be switched to either with or without audible tone. The large button engages the slate.

IMG_7538.jpg

That's a nice GR-2 in there. ;)

That's a serious cage you got there for your QRX. I love it. Is it custom made?

I'm curious as to why you have it on the camera handle?

Gabe

Screwed it there cause it was the way the cameraman prefered it to be (and me too; when on the back on a standard kind of BEC usual plate, when they hold the camera under their arm-or on their hip- they always have the antennas in their way.).

The box could also be mounted on the rear too; I did some 1/4" and 3/8" holes to be able to mount it on any cam I'd get on shoots plus these two holes to mount it on a v-mount back plate too. I can also flip the antennas up or down with righ-angle ones or simply use straight ones if I mount the box in the back.

post-1129-136839935847.jpgpost-1129-136839939011.jpgpost-1129-136839943185.jpg

This is my sound bag, I do low-budget independent narrative films in Michigan. I only recently got into this. I am 15 years old so it's a little difficult to get a lot of work, but that shouldn't last too long. I have a Sound Devices MixPre-D (Baby's first mixer, as my friends refer to it), a Tascam DR-40 recorder, Sennheiser G3 wireless kit w/ Tram TR-50, Zoom H1 recorder as back-up in the front pouch, Rode NTG-3 w/ K-tek boom pole, Petrol PS607 bag, and Sony V6 headphones. This kit works pretty well for what I do now. I want to upgrade to the 302 and get more wireless units.

post-5971-0-27087500-1368555367_thumb.jp

This is my sound bag, I do low-budget independent narrative films in Michigan. I only recently got into this. I am 15 years old so it's a little difficult to get a lot of work, but that shouldn't last too long. I have a Sound Devices MixPre-D (Baby's first mixer, as my friends refer to it), a Tascam DR-40 recorder, Sennheiser G3 wireless kit w/ Tram TR-50, Zoom H1 recorder as back-up in the front pouch, Rode NTG-3 w/ K-tek boom pole, Petrol PS607 bag, and Sony V6 headphones. This kit works pretty well for what I do now. I want to upgrade to the 302 and get more wireless units.

Good for you, start young, and keep at it!

http://wanderingear.net

I only recently got into this. I am 15 years old

Good for you that you got into the game so early. Make sure you get a mentor figure in sound recording that is willing to guide you along. Listen to headphones at low volume and workout your body to have a strong back. It s gonna save you trouble along the way. ( oh and get better headphone!) Welcome!!