Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

After a bit of redesigning inspired by the great work of pascal and others from jwsoundgroup i decided to go the waistbelt way and so far i'm very happy with my decision. I feel my nomad bag is a powerfull, compact and light unit that doesn t kill my back if i have to stand up alot. I've upgraded both of my sra's to srb's and the range is amazing now. The foldable antennas are cool for quick deployment too. My next step is to try to put my np1 in the back of my belt to distribute the weight more evenly. post-2158-138937241635.jpg

post-2158-13893724322.jpg

post-2158-138937245079.jpgpost-2158-138937247853.jpg

The belt is something custom done with the help of my local shoe maker. I considered ordering the kortwich belt but figured out a way to make it work by reusing bunch of old straps and padding from an old backpack. I inspired myself greatly from pascal's "my new 664 bag" thread.

For the heat i havent noticed any heat coming from my np1 really. It s very cold these days in canada anyway so my opinion might change when it becomes warmer. Like i said anyway the plan is to put the battery in a pouch attached to the waist bell so i don t think it will stay like that for too long. It makes the bag not stand up and i don t like that.

• 2 weeks later...

A small bag that has it all!

The bag is a Petrol PS607 and every space has been filled. Apart from the standard kit one has in a bag, I've added an emergency beanie for those unexpected chilly night shoots, a buff for, well, everything the amazing bit of fabric offers, a spare set of earphones (etymotic research- with an iPod mini tucked in the pouch), a brush, a sharpie/ pen, a carabiner with rubber ring to hold a water bottle, a mini Leatherman, surgical tape and a roll of topstick tape. Weight is negligible so I don't mind carrying the extras and they are always there in case I need them.

What extras do you guys carry in your bags?

post-1674-0-35857700-1390238522_thumb.jp

post-1674-0-83872700-1390238544_thumb.jp

My 664 and 633 in use on two locations. Both are in Petrol bags - PS617 and PS607. The 664 fits well in the 617 of course as it's made to although a real wide body whereas the 633 is tight in the 607 without much room for transmitters or accessories in the front pouch. An NP1 fits just fine in front of the SRb's though with the BDSv4 in the back zippered pouch.

By using a back pack to carry extras, it's a compact and capable rig, but I'm hoping for a 633 specific Petrol that's just a bit wider and just a bit taller and am following the K-Tek thread with real interest for a taylor made 633 bag when either hit the market.

When it comes down to it, a 302 or 702/744 really do work better with the 607. One last thing to note is that the 607 is not quite tall enough for SRb's with TA3's where the tops of the receivers ride a bit too high in the bag. The 633 itself just makes it even with a couple SONY NP-F570 attached at the bottom as a back up power supply.

Hey Scott,

I noticed you have some worn out rubber sleeves on the collars of your boom pole. If you want I can send you a new set on the house. Just need your shipping address. 

The Bag we are making for the MAXX/633 should be shipping next month at some point. Dealers are already putting in pre-orders, so if you want one make sure to contact your dealer of choice and get on the list. 

I noticed you have some worn out rubber sleeves on the collars of your boom pole. If you want I can send you a new set on the house.

What company would notice a picture and offer service like that?! Then again, maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise in that the few times I've called them over the years with something (always minor) that needed attention, each and every time they have immediately and above and beyond expectation taken care of me. Just have to say K-Tek makes fantastic products that work year after year and when there has been a need they've been right there with support that amazes me. PM sent and seriously, thanks for the fantastic support.

What company would notice a picture and offer service like that?! Then again, maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise in that the few times I've called them over the years with something (always minor) that needed attention, each and every time they have immediately and above and beyond expectation taken care of me. Just have to say K-Tek makes fantastic products that work year after year and when there has been a need they've been right there with support that amazes me. PM sent and seriously, thanks for the fantastic support.

Love this company.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I use a NP1 cup from Remote Audio. The power "input" is the coxial connector on the bottom of the metal project box. The Hirose output to power the 633 is "unswitched". All the other outputs are "switched" . The toggle switch is the locking type that requires that you lift "up" on in before you can move it, so there is little chance you could accidently bump it on or off. It's also partially recessed.

The hardest part was making the DB25 connectors line up with the SRb's, but I needed this to work, because I also own an OctoPack and QuadPack wanted a quick way to move the receivers from one rig to another.

Tom