Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

It looks like you have antenna powering turned on while using passive antennas? Do you have something else inline that you're powering?

Lol!! Must have hit it by accident. Nah. I'm using the dipoles n sometimes my sharkfins for range if i am far away.

What is the overall weight of the pelican?

It bumps up against 65-70lbs sometimes. (The case alone is nearly 30 of that).

I spent so much energy trying to stay under that 50lbs limit for flights then one day I weighed just the gear separately and it was between 35 and 40lbs. No wonder it was always so hard to stay under that limit no case that's any good weighs 10lbs.

That's when I decided to pull the trigger in the 1650, now I just accept that it's going to be overweight.

It keeps things super organized and for sit downs I just mix from the case. Between the 1650 and the Stingray, things are much more streamlined for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's when I decided to pull the trigger in the 1650, now I just accept that it's going to be overweight.

It keeps things super organized and for sit downs I just mix from the case. Between the 1650 and the Stingray, things are much more streamlined for me.

Sounds like a good tradeoff. 

But does anyone here know of Pelican-strong cases that don't weigh as much? The HPRC cases that Porta-Brace sells (or once sold) and Seahorse don't seem all that much lighter. Anything else available (for non-crazy prices)?

I DId a Football docu-series called "Friday Night Tykes". This is the bag I put together for this show. We had lots of RF issues due to distance we had to cover, proximity to an AFB and of course just Morphy's law. So ran my 664 for multi-track with 3 Lectro 411's and 1 SRb (Blks 19, 20, 23 and 24) with a PSC RF distro unit and a RF Venue shark fin. Hopped to camera with SRb (Blk 21) as reference audio on camera Sony 800's (HD disk). Also used a Lectro IFB T4 on Blk 26 as did all the other mixers (3) so producers could monitor all our bags. Sometimes up to 12 wires on game day (3 cameras with soundies covering characters  and 6 to 8 to cover play action on game day -shoulder, Jib and stedicam all jammed TOD 23.97). I ran TC from the 664 and put a Denecke box on the camera (my camera guy would occasionally go off speed to shoot slo-mo). The Betso worked great producers loved it! I loved it- didn't have to hang my TS-2 off my bag. All-in-all the bag worked well. On game day I rigged the shark fin on a small mono pod on my harness to get some height. Powered it all with ol' NP-L7s's. Worked about 80 days on it from end of Aug to Dec. I especially want to thank Rich Van Dyke at Pro Sound NOLA he helped me a bunch putting the bag together- GREAT GUY!

Friday Night Tykes airs on Tues nights on NBC's Esquire ch.

post-349-0-39251300-1396323194_thumb.jpg

post-349-0-50105300-1396323451_thumb.jpg

I DId a Football docu-series called "Friday Night Tykes". This is the bag I put together for this show. We had lots of RF issues due to distance we had to cover, proximity to an AFB and of course just Morphy's law. So ran my 664 for multi-track with 3 Lectro 411's and 1 SRb (Blks 19, 20, 23 and 24) with a PSC RF distro unit and a RF Venue shark fin. Hopped to camera with SRb (Blk 21) as reference audio on camera Sony 800's (HD disk). Also used a Lectro IFB T4 on Blk 26 as did all the other mixers (3) so producers could monitor all our bags. Sometimes up to 12 wires on game day (3 cameras with soundies covering characters  and 6 to 8 to cover play action on game day -shoulder, Jib and stedicam all jammed TOD 23.97). I ran TC from the 664 and put a Denecke box on the camera (my camera guy would occasionally go off speed to shoot slo-mo). The Betso worked great producers loved it! I loved it- didn't have to hang my TS-2 off my bag. All-in-all the bag worked well. On game day I rigged the shark fin on a small mono pod on my harness to get some height. Powered it all with ol' NP-L7s's. Worked about 80 days on it from end of Aug to Dec. I especially want to thank Rich Van Dyke at Pro Sound NOLA he helped me a bunch putting the bag together- GREAT GUY!

Friday Night Tykes airs on Tues nights on NBC's Esquire ch.

Very creative on the Diversity Fin!  Glad it's working well on the set.

Allen - how did the RF venue work for you? I've been thinking about getting one

It worked well.  The only issue I had was using it on a "run and gun" type show. it sometimes gets in the way if you notice in the pict I have a Dinkum flexmount clamp, and I was constantly trying to find the right place to clamp it. Most of the time it lived like I have it in the photo. On a cart it lives on a converted boom pole so I use my pole holder on the cart so it's EZ.  But for RF reception it's GREAT!

Petrol PS601

The BETSO still has firmware issues otherwise this setup has been good

Am presently on the fence about picking up a betso TCD-1. What are are the bugs/issues that it has? Would potentially be using it with either a Denecke sb-2a, zaxcom Erx or direct from a nomad.