Silca Gel packs

Wandering Ear

Geez, I'm no expert. I bought some of the Pelican boxes a few years ago. They seem fine. 2x4-inches. $6-$11 depending on where you shop. Color changes from blue to pink when gel gets saturated. Stick it in an oven to dry it out when needed...

http://pelican.com/miscellaneous.php

I'm sure many people can make better recommendations and I live in a Mediterranean climate. But I'm off in the rain and humidity with some regularity. But these guys are working for me....

But let's see what others say...

Go to a bigger gun/ sports store, such as Cabelas..... gun dept. ask for desiccant packs for gun safes.... they come in small, medium and really big for use in gun safes.... they are reusable, and last for years..... You simply put them in the oven for a few hours at 300 degrees and they are ready to go again..... I have had the same ones for years....

I keep them in drawers in my huge rolling follow cart.... funny, but one big one will take care of the interior of my whole van....

Yes it is reuseable! I will never forget the first time I walked back to the engineering shop at my old station and saw the engineers shouveling that stuf into a toster oven. That aside you can source it from a lot of places, cabellas or anywhere that deals in moisture sensative rust prone goods is usually good. Also you could try an independant shoe store some times they keep or are willing to hang onto the excess packages that fall out of every piece of inventory they have. Also I have seen them at woodworking and industrial suply houses for people that make certian types of display cases.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Replacement-Silica-Gel-Dryer-Refill-5VD07?cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Pneumatics-_-Air%20Compressor%20Accessories-_-5VD07&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=5VD07&gclid=CNH3hvSftK4CFWOMtgodsGceOA

Actually I have been meaning to pick up a bunch of the stuff for a some time myself. So I am glad you brought this up.