Western North Carolina Sound cart rental?

Hi all,

I'm prepping for a film in Asheville and need to get local frequency compliant radio mics with racked RX, some program monitoring TX/RX too. What are the nearest reputable companies I could be looking at? Everything nearby seems to be video A/V so any pointers will be gratefully received.

I'll also be needing an assistant/trainee. Where is the best source for that? Please forgive me but I'm new to using this rather wonderful site and haven't learnt my way round it yet.

Warm regards,

Julian

the closest audio house is trew audio in nashville. and as far as finding an assistant/trainee, i'm not sure what you mean by western as thats I-77 to TN but i think craigslist might be your best bet as there aren't many schools that have much of a film program out that way, but Ap, UNCA and western have communication programs so that might be an option too. I'm in the triad area and if you need any help feel free to hit me up.

For a trainee or intern, try the UNC Asheville campus's media and drama departments. Also, Flat Rock Playhouse is nearby, they may have folks to refer you to as they do a series of musical reviews and might have a list of locals that have been involved on the sound side.

UNC ASHEVILLE campus link

Flat Rock Playhouse link

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you guys, very kind, I appreciate the thoughts.

I know it's a bit off the track for the film hub but a keen student will probably be ok for this shoot, nice slow paced thriller that it is but not a theatrical sound person, I'm not sure they'd know what hit them.

I believe there are some tax incentives in play which is why we're shooting in N.C so I guess any gear will have to come from within (as indeed most of the rest of the crew are).

Julian I live near Asheville and have been doing location sound for 30 years. I would be glad to give you the names of some local experienced sound people. I do have several carts and follow carts I have 10 Lectrosonics on block 21 with few rf problems and a Venue rack on 27. I also have a couple of lectrosonics on block 25 and 26. Glad you are coming to Western North Carolina and wish you well with the shoot.

Sidney Williams

• 7 years later...