Explain you profile picture.

RPSharman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my photo I'm holding my old friend, the slide-ruler. For those who don't remember, for complex calculations, it was the preferred device by engineers over the simple electronic calculators of the time (early to mid 70's). It is a pure analog device the has a sliding glass lens with a curser, and a sliding center section. They were available in a variety of functions and resolutions. The one in the photo is one of the more advanced at the time, and was required for college calculus. It came with a long leather sheath so you could carry it on your belt, which was an academic status symbol of the day. Every now and then I'll break it out to verify my AutoCad calculations.

gt

Mine is from www.digitalblasphemy.com. The artist is Ryan Bliss and the piece is called fluorescence6. I've been using this avatar for almost a decade now and I still find I love if just as much as the first time I saw it. The full image is even more beautiful.

http://digitalblasphemy.com/fshow.shtml?i=fluorescence6&w=1600&h=1200&y=2000&n=Fluorescence%20&b=score&z=228358585275238832&m=144875699586354698&zs=fluorescence

Nej men hej Olle! How´s Stockholm?

Tjena!

Stockholm is pretty ok, I haven't been to the city itself in months, too much work. Lots of rebuilding and building new stuff.,Winter is and has been soft on us so far, which is good. Let me know if you'll be here again, I live next to the airport if you need a place to stay or just some coffee. Cheers!

Tjena!

Stockholm is pretty ok, I haven't been to the city itself in months, too much work. Lots of rebuilding and building new stuff.,Winter is and has been soft on us so far, which is good. Let me know if you'll be here again, I live next to the airport if you need a place to stay or just some coffee. Cheers!

Thank you very much, very kind of you!

Me at Lulworth firing ranges in Dorset, England. We were recording the British "Challenger 2" Main Battle Tank firing rounds down range. Military grade hearing protection on with a flask of coffee in my hand, waiting for the tank crew to begin.

Friend of mine snapped this on his DSLR while we were recording;

38255_474893152597_798632597_6525132_8140234_n.jpg

There's no explaining my picture. That is me on that day. I decided to replace the one where I was wearing the wind jammer on my head as my profile picture. Maybe I will change this one soon.

CrewC

I loved that photo!

As I typically browse on my iPhone, I thought it was your real hair for the longest time!

Robert

I am actually posing for a picture next to a dead wild boar after shooting a documentary on a huge game reserve. The camera operator took one picture with me just smiling then told me to mic the dead boar jokingly so i did and he took this shot. Gotta love the on set photography you get on DSLR shoots.