QRX in the Bag - Revisited

PTA

As far as I'm concerned there are several UI tweaks that should be done at the software level to allow for a single QRX to act more like an IFB100 and send remote commands to an indefinite number of transmitters instead of just two. The way they have it set up right now it is largely dedicated to one or two transmitters at a time and dealing with 3,4,5+ transmitters is very cumbersome. This is a situation where I feel Zaxcom should follow Lectrosonics excellent example and provide some sort of group tuning mode and better access to remote control features if they want to do it right.. Currently there is no group tuning.

+1

So far, because of the scenario you describe (more or less), I've added an IFB100 to the bag. Got two, so...

Used one QRX in dual mode from INT Taxi, to QRX in trunk. I don't think we had any dropouts.

Don't really do bag work or have Lectros nearby in this scenario, but I'm calling this RX remote rig a bag. I re-rig the 788t to record mix and iso's and act as IFB distro if I have to.

It's messy and I hate it. It's currently on the drawing table.

Nomad will make it complete.

Ohm.

Nope. Two antennas with amplified two way splitters for 4 outputs to two receivers for two independent diversity antennas for each receiver. Audio cables do nothing for the antenna circuit.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

I don't know on the zaxcom but possibly the diversity is achieved with the audio cables acting as antennas.

The sennheiser and "if I am not mistaken" the Lectro SRa work this way.

Nope. Two antennas with amplified two way splitters for 4 outputs to two receivers for two independent diversity antennas for each receiver. Audio cables do nothing for the antenna circuit.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Thanks Larry. I'm assuming you're talking about the SR in your post, but you confirmed (for me at least) that there is something amiss with my QRX. Would a grounding issue cause more RF activity?

Yes, I was speaking about the SR. A grounding issue could certainly cause RF increases but, to quote the Hat, "it depends." I am not an authority on the QRX.

Best,

Larry F

Thanks Larry. I'm assuming you're talking about the SR in your post, but you confirmed (for me at least) that there is something amiss with my QRX. Would a grounding issue cause more RF activity?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...