RF Explorer

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.  No problem with either of my two units, although they do not get a great deal of use.  I assume you do know however that the switch must be in the ON position for the unit to charge?

Tom

Yeah I read that in the manual. The problem with mine is that if I hit the switch it goes on and off immediately.

The switch needs to stop somewhere just before its ON position for the unit to stay on, which is actually very frustrating since its designed to either be at ON or OFF and not somewhere in between...

Yeah I read that in the manual. The problem with mine is that if I hit the switch it goes on and off immediately.

The switch needs to stop somewhere just before its ON position for the unit to stay on, which is actually very frustrating since its designed to either be at ON or OFF and not somewhere in between...

It appears you've likely found the problem -- now to fix it. The units are easy to open. One of my first steps would be to open the unit and apply a bit of contact spray on the switch.

If that doesn't solve it, and you confirm that it is, indeed, the switch, a switch replacement would be in order.

Is your unit still under warranty? If so, you may wish to forego the preceding and just contact the seller.

It appears you've likely found the problem -- now to fix it. The units are easy to open. One of my first steps would be to open the unit and apply a bit of contact spray on the switch.

If that doesn't solve it, and you confirm that it is, indeed, the switch, a switch replacement would be in order.

Is your unit still under warranty? If so, you may wish to forego the preceding and just contact the seller.

Yeah it basically came out of the box in this way about 3 months a go. So back to the mothership then?