A v. B v. G Band wireless lav

Jesse Flaitz

A few years back, I once walked into a Museum with a surveillance system that completely hogged the whole frequency group B for Sennheiser. Luckily, it did not occupy group A so I utilized my second wireless instead.

Be careful out there working in the city. Sennheiser G3s can get the job done, but you may want to consider more than one wireless for the sake of having another handy should you need a cleaner frequency block.

If your looking for 'set-it-and-forget-it' operation, it ain't gonna happen in RF hell. (aka, Manhattan) None of those blocks will have every day 'trouble free' channels. Even my Lectro 411s won't consistently work trouble-free in Manhattan. The RF environment is constantly changing so it's difficult to choose a block.. or unused frequency for that matter.. then there's the FCC, who presumably will auction off most of our usable channels sooner or later.

"You may want to consider more than one wireless for the sake of having another handy should you need a cleaner frequency block"

For sure, I even carry around an old 185 VHS system.