Battery Life Expectancy Chart

I am very sceptical about this chart

Zoom H4n : 4,5 hours... Impossible with mine, even without plug my 2 Schoeps.

SD302, SD442...In this case too it depends on how mic power you have.... and how much power the mics need.

Yea, they didnt really include any info as to what was running and what wasnt on any of the listed components. Id say this chart is pretty worthless and youd probably get a better idea of battery run time from the manufactures specs.

I don't think I've pushed it this far, but that is in the Lectro UCR411 manual:

9V alkaline - 6 to 8 hours continuous, up to 12 hours intermittent

9V lithium - Up to 20 hours (continuous and intermittent usage are the same)

The usage is rated at 180mA & 12VDC, so it looks about right. Real-world, several years ago, I've seen them hit 12 hours with no problem, but that included numerous breaks and lunch (without a BDS).

It may be based on optimistic specs from manufacturers, but it's still really useful. My personal kit is all rechargeables now, and I was issued a kit a few weeks ago, then asked how many batteries I needed for 2 weeks on the road. I sat there with my phone looking up the same info that is listed in this one chart. This would have been pretty useful. I printed this out and put it in the Pelican case with the kit. When i was using disposables, I really only used lithiums when I really needed the runtime (waterproofing a transmitter for the day), so I didn't have as much experience with them.

I am very sceptical about this chart

Zoom H4n : 4,5 hours... Impossible with mine, even without plug my 2 Schoeps.

SD302, SD442...In this case too it depends on how mic power you have.... and how much power the mics need.

I thought the same. I might get 4 hrs 5 If I don't care about the H4n running dead if I am feeding through a mixer that is powering the mics.

As for the 302 no way, I mean there is a big factor in how much phantom power is being drawn. As well as the display brightness but even then maby 5 hrs no way 12 is going to happen, unless I have it hooked into my BDS and then the np1 will run it all day.

On the other hand If I am running pro-cells and I get a good batch I have done a couple of 8-10 hr days on my g3 transmitters and receiver without changing or running low.

Lectro's published battery life on the SMV/SMQV transmitters is pretty close to what I've experienced with the SMa's @100mW:

Alkaline Lithium NiMh

Battery Life: SMV 50 mW (1AA): 2 hrs 7.25 hrs 5 hrs

SMV 100 mW (1AA): 1.5 hrs 5.5 hrs 4 hrs

SMV 250 mW (1AA): N/R* 3 hrs 2.25 hrs

SMQV 50 mW (2AA): 6 hrs 14.5 hrs 8.5 hrs

SMQV 100 mW (2AA): 5.5 hrs 14 hrs 8.5 hrs

SMQV 250 mW (2AA): 1.75 hrs 7.5 hrs 5 hrs

I'm personally far more concerned with transmitter life than receivers, since this is a much greater issue in terms of battery replacement and inconvenience, plus the receivers are almost always hooked up to a big lead acid (on the cart) or a BDS NP1 in the bag. I can typically get at least 8 hours out of one AA lithium, with judicious use of the sleep mode. On good days (with lots of lighting set ups), 10-11 hours is possible. Continuous shooting, no way.