Mic out to Comtek

Fiftyfoot

Gentlemen, I'm baffled. (easily by such matters)

From the 3.5mm stereo mic level out on my Wendt x4 I'm trying to get into a standard (non option 7) old style M72 Comtek transmitter. Using two mono plugs I attached both white and blue leads of Canare L-2E5 to the tip at either end, and the shield to the sleeve at either end.

No go. Any advice on righting my blunder would be appreciated.

Scott

It's a mystery which it is. I figured line in was option 7. Mine looks like the picture in this link but instead of the screwdriver sensitivity adjustment there's just the badge for frequency 'C'.

http://www.dcaudiovisuel.com/pages/Comtek/Comtek_M72.htm

No BNC antenna, no input on the side. The socket inside has two contacts which share a ceramic capacitor with each leg going thru a resistor before it hits the board. Looks like the sleeve has a lead down to the board for the antenna.

I'll have to give Comtek a call with the serial number. Don't want to plug line in as an experiment just yet.

Scott

Made a 3.5 mono to xlr cable to try line in to the transmitter from one of the Wendt's normal xlr outs. Plugged it up and it overloaded. Switched the toggle to mic out and it worked fine. Still would like to use that 3.5mm stereo mic out on the Wendt for this. Thinking I need to make a 3.5mm stereo plug to 3.5mm mono plug.

From the stereo to the mono: stereo tip and ring to mono tip. Then simply shield to both sleeves. I'll give this a shot.