Remote Audio Meon Life Recall/Issues????

Beta Sound

Hey guys,

I was told by one of the usual suspects that Remote Audio's MEon Life was recalled and that even after recall and repair, have been quite unreliable. I find that kind of hard to believe, mostly due to the great reviews on here. Maybe they have something to gain, or better margin on PSC stuff.

Any thoughts?

I had not heard of any recall. Would be a shame because it seems like a very good product. As I said before, I think I was partially responsible for Remote Audio (Glen Trew) investigating the use of LiFe batteries in this product since I had been so vocal, here and everywhere else, while I was building my first LiFe based power supplies. The big Meon uses Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries, not Lithium Iron Phosphate, maybe there wasn't enough research on this new battery chemistry? I would love to know what has happened, if anything, to the Meon LiFe product.

quoting myself: "I had not heard of any recall." is not actually the case. I completely forgot that I discovered a problem with the first Meon LiFe that I saw where it was having a voltage readout problem and some switching problems. Glen discovered the problem after investigation, broken pcb trace or something, and things were corrected. I guess if there had been any units sold at that time they would have to have been recalled to fix the problem.

I guess I am a little mixed up on this since when I read Beta Sound's post I thought this was a recent recall or something, that's whty I said I hadn't heard of any recall.

Hopefully Glen will read these posts and put the record straight. I apologize for my muddying the waters even further.

• 10 months later...

May I ask what the issue with the recall was? Mine has been acting up. I've lost complete full power after being kicked out. It looks like low voltage output sometimes...My rig shouldn't be crashing down when I get repatched or kicked out... Sometimes the battery will go from a full charge to dead in five minutes. Other times no problems...