Zaxcom Mix12 - Occasional Button Sticking... solutions?

mikefilosa

I am cross-posting with the Zaxcom site support group....

I've been loving the Mix 12 for nearly a year now... but one annoyance, possibly unique to mine, possibly not......

Occasionally, my soft control buttons stick - and bad... the slate button and the talkbacks. Each incident takes my eyes off of the ball for a few seconds.

It appears the holes cut into the panel might need a mild shaving. To do this would require taking off all of the knobs.

Are there others out there with this experience?

The pleasure of working with it far outweighs this problem, but I'm just putting it out there:

The tolerances of the holes that are cut might on mine might be a tad too tight. And although the soft buttons have a good feel, I would go for / vote for hard plastic in the future if the source of my issue is just the "soft nature" of the buttons squeezing into the sides of the cut holes.

Looking for feedback / solutions / experiences.

MF

When I first got my Fusion 12, the REC, STOP and PLAY buttons sticks pretty much the same way you described. I spoke with Glenn about it and he said to dab a bit of silicone grease on the edges of the button. Problem went away. I believe the Mix 12 uses the same type of buttons.