Wireless Boom

Brian Maier

brian,

just to clarify, the lectro bodypack goes in the comtek pouch? if so, way to utilize the "flaw" in the new pouch. no director, scripty or producer etc. is going to strap that sucker thru there belt loop. (the PR-216 has a 'snap-on clip")

btw,

I have around 30 of those comtek pouches. if anyobody wants one to use for there wireless boom, let me know.

Frank@coffeysound.com

Coffey Sound

Rental Manager

sergio,

it looks a little cumbersome on the pole, it might get noisy. have you ever tried "wearing" the bodypack & 48v ps?? you might want to try the comtek pouch.

email me your address.

Cumbersome? Think about it, you get a belt with all this gear plus, a comtek, gloves, cellphone and you still attached to the pole with a coiled cable! Now THAT is cumbersome. I also use a Lectro Butt Plug by the way...

See, I got tired of wearing this on my belt but I graciously accept a few of your Comtek pouches.  I have worked like this for more than 3 years & the pole never "gets noisy" . Also my boom operator likes it more since theres no unplugging from the box to do, just grab and go!

your 48V Supply looks a bit bulky to me. we´ve got a very small (just a bit bigger than 9V Battery) one made by our local Berlin Equipment-Rentalcompany Kortwich (www.filmtontechnik.de)

together with the small and lightweight holder for a tx it makes a nice little setup for a wireless boom

the only drawback: it won`t work with Schoeps mics

Matthias

post-652-130815074513_thumb.jpg

post-652-130815074519_thumb.gif

We tried a Pistol Velocity (Trew/Vancouver) XLR mount with a Lectro Plugon for a while with the second boom as a "grab and go solution" but my utility said that he though it made the cueing of the mic a little awkward and returned to a belt worn rig.  Our rigs are similar to the ones seen here incorporating a Lectro 400 velcro'd to a Denecke 48v supply.  The cabling between was custom made and very compact so the whole unit, although nicknamed "The Tumor," is pretty low key. My boomman uses a cabled pole and plugs it in just like it was a wired boom box on her belt.

D.

• 6 years later...

just saw this on a French audio website which looks very good

http://www.areitec.fr/areitec-pico482-sta-art-stereo-phantom-power-boom-adaptor-produit-625.html

PRIX des systèmes : STA-ART : 590 EUR HT / PICO482 : 490 EUR HT

The pico482 was designed for use with the STA-ART stereo adapter or TRX900LTS to achieve stereo mic booming using Zaxcom's high quality digital transmission system.

Pico482 caracteristics :

STA-ART caracteristics :

• True stereo phantom powering from a single 9V battery
    • 2 Lundahl LL1587 transformers provide galvanic isolation between transmitter and microphones
    • Integrated transmitter mounting system
    • Light aluminum and polyamide construction
    • Removable XLR5-HRS6 stereo cable with integrated on/off
    • Mic level stereo output level on one lemo 3 connector
    • Power switch
    • Low battery level indicator
    • 6h typical battery autonomy with 2 SCHOEPS CCM4Lg
    • Compatible with the TRX900LTS
    • Mic level stereo adapter compatible with Zaxcom's TRX900 and TRX900AA digital transmitters
    • Built-in stereo microphone preamp with one lemo 3 input connector
    • Integrated A/D converter for digital connection with the TRX900
    • Fine gain adjustement with 2 independent trims
    • Robust metal housing

brian,just to clarify, the lectro bodypack goes in the comtek pouch? if so, way to utilize the "flaw" in the new pouch. no director, scripty or producer etc. is going to strap that sucker thru there belt loop. (the PR-216 has a 'snap-on clip")btw,I have around 30 of those comtek pouches. if anyobody wants one to use for there wireless boom, let me know. Frank@coffeysound.comCoffey SoundRental Manager

Frank,

I would gladly accept one for my system.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

probably, but what is it, and what do you consider "perform well" ??

my guess is it is for connections to semi-pro type mic in which would then go through the toy mic-pre's...

I know, normally i rent this for phantom power on my Boompole - like in the attached picture from Kortwich- or an Ambient UMP II for 12V Mics with Lectro SMV.

Was just thinking that it would be a cheap solutionen. In your words "you get what you pay for"(but that´s a problem when wife is pregnant and you have to pay off depts for a house, then money is rare)  ;).

I own and often use an Ambient QAT Tip top with an SKP transmitter, works great but is a bit heavier than the other options.

post-7092-0-31019500-1385465173_thumb.jp

Hi,

just an question, I want to know if this will perform well for Wireless Boom? It´s not really promising, but would be a cheap tiny Solution.

Why shouldn't it work, at least when you replace that i-phoney connector with one matching your TX. Might need to pad down the output to mic level.

Another question would be if it's useable noise-wise.