Wireless in Guatemala and Ghana?

Alan H. Chang

I shot in Guatemala last year. We covered a good part of the country, and I had no problems at all with Lectro blocks 24, 25, 26. It can be a pretty dangerous place...lots of roadside robberies etc. so don't travel the roads after dark, and it's good to have a local fixer with you. Beautiful place though...have fun!

Cheers,

MK

Hi Alan, Yes, they were 411a in those blocks. I also brought a SRa in Block 21 as a hop, but only used it in Guatemala City in one location, so I can't speak to that block with any confidence. The rest was all to my 744T or cablerd direct to camera for interviews. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. When do you go? An inside tip for you... If you like hammocks, save some space in your luggage to bring one home...they sell tons of hand-crafted ones. Got one swinging in my backyard all summer!

Hi Michael, Glad to have an in-depth experience with these blocks when you were in Guatemala. My team and I are going to Guatemala for a mission trip that is still TBD timeframe of April-August. First, setting foot in Guatemala, then Honduras, and later towards the year over to Ghana. We're trying to keep things as light as possible with only the minimum necessary amount of equipment and needs. We've been down to Honduras in the past, but the airwave might have changed since our last visit, hence my uncertainty about Guatemala/Ghana. Subjects on Blk25/26, and most often than not we'll be cabling to the cams, but we're bringing a set or two of hops on Blk21/22 in case we end up in a wild goose chase.

Don't be sorry, what you are already providing is more than useful! Hammocks are fun and relaxing, but could easily become a falling mixer every other time if I get too lazy with the pack on.