Panasonic AF100 TC

Rob Lewis

Does anyone know if the AF100 outputs continuous TC. I working on a show where the Interviews are being shot on an AF100 in REC RUN mode and we are recording all audio on a 788. I would like to take TC from the camera to the 788 in REC RUN mode where the advancing TC throws the 788 into record, for double system. This means I will have to break the 788 out of free run TOD mode to do this, then re-jam after going back to reality Mode. I will also be feeding the camera hardline audio as well. This seems to be a pain in the ass to do all this when I can just feed audio into the camera and not record the backup, but post wants it all.

Any suggestions?

I believe you can set the RCA output of the AF to "Master" in the menu and it will output timecode, but Im not sure if it is continuous.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that it only sends time code out of the video out while in the menu. So record run double system is not working. I jammed the camera in free run from the 788, and this is working beautifully. Post requested record run and explained that it could be done but not with double system unless slating is done. They are fine with TOD.

I'm curious if the same happens when feeding TC into the camera. Will it only jam to an external TC source when in menu as well, not while in record? I was hoping to have an ERX1TC feeding it for a show I do for extra perks.

I'm curious if the same happens when feeding TC into the camera. Will it only jam to an external TC source when in menu as well, not while in record? I was hoping to have an ERX1TC feeding it for a show I do for extra perks.

Yeah. There is only one connection for LTC, which is also the composite video out when you aren't in the menu on that item.

phil p