Audio Bag Divider kits (porta brace)

TheAudioSynthesist

I recently bought an audio organizer bag off a JW user but the dividers it came with are not OEM. (I knew this buying the bag and am fine with it.) Problem is I want the original dividers now to help give it a more streamlined look and provide me with various options when reorganizing my bag to fit rented gear, gear upgrades, etc.

Does anyone know where to get divider kits for the porta brace audio organizer bags other than portabrace.com? They are charging $15 shipping on a $35 product. I don't see myself paying $50 for two velcro dividers.

I'm also looking for something that will hide the cables on the bag's "floor" so that they are not all over the place. Perhaps a second "carpet" that covers the entire "floor" of the bag.

Thanks in advance!

I'm also looking for something that will hide the cables on the bag's "floor" so that they are not all over the place. Perhaps a second "carpet" that covers the entire "floor" of the bag.

I have learned from painful experience that there's a fine art to organizing cables for bag use. Getting them "just so" is very important, especially when you have to re-patch or re-route for an emergency situation. 90% of it is just getting the exact right length of cables: just enough to get where they need to go, but not so much that they clog up the available space. Cable management is tough in permanent racks, too. Custom-made cables are a big help, as are right-angled connectors (even for stuff like headphones and rec monitoring).

I think going to a "false floor" is probably carrying it a little too far, but I am a stickler for trying to keep everything in the right place so I can get at it very fast. I have great respect for the full-time doco guys who regularly do 6-7-8 wireless units at a time and can stay on their feet. 3 wires and a boom are about as much as I can handle in a bag.

Hi there, my name's Chris and I work here at portabrace. If you'd like to contact me directly at chris@portabrace.com I'd be happy to get you the dividers you're looking for. More important to us than the $15 shipping is that your gear is performing the way you need it to.

On behalf of all of us here in VT, thanks for using our cases. We truly appreciate it.

Any other questions, just let me know.

All the best,

Chris

Hi there, my name's Chris and I work here at portabrace.

I've looked at the PortaBrace website a number of times and always seem to wind up getting something from Petrol. The main reason? The pictures on the PB website are usually pretty awful in showing off the product.

As someone without a great audio supply stockist near-bye I do a lot of my shopping using websites and the way PortaBrace show photos of bags with all sorts of non-included items makes things very confusing.

I've purchased a PB bag in the past only to get and find that what was in the picture was actually two or even three bags that, bought together, would cost double, so the PB went back to my very understanding supplier in NYC.

Petrol do a much better job on their website of showing their products and what their products will hold.