A shoulder bag/case for the Lectro Sixpack

soundtrane

Since i am going on a shoot that involves hilly terrain and i am not using the cart, need to find a bag for the Lectro SIXPACK.

The dimensions are strange - 9 x 9 x 11 inches... weight 20 pounds...

Any ideas for a decent cordura/ballistic nylon kind of shoulder bag with these dimensions? having a hard time finding one...

I don't want to risk it being carried by its own hand strap.

-vin

I don't know of a specific bag with those dimensions, but your best bet is military surplus, police issue, or even new military grade bags. They are mil spec and designed to last, carry much weight, are often waterproof, easy to use often with multiple accessory pockets, ergonomically designed for our troops and police forces, and usually cheap compared to designated film equipment.

I have 6 pieces of my kit that are mil spec, and I'm better for it. Check out one of the sites below to get you started:

P.S. First, Greg S.'s idea is sound, and second, 20 pounds is not nothing for hilly terrain. If you do leave it in the original setup, take the weight off your shoulders and move it to your back if you can. Or if you do wind up with a shoulder mount bag, get one with a handle so your hands can take some of the weight off when the shoulders get sore.

My $0.02.

I own the larger one, pockets on both sides are padded, front one you can put pens, different adaptors, call sheet...etc and at the back is a document pocket along the side wall of the bag for manuals, book or like... the larger one even got this laptop separate padded carrier bag with flaps for use when under the sun or harsh light... very nice bag.

I'm not sure about the exact dimensions, but sound like something along the lines of the Portabrace small monitor bag.

http://www.portabrace.com/products/monitors/small-portable/288-small-portable-monitor-cases

For about 1/10th the price, if you can find one of those soft coolers, designed to pack a lunch for a picnic, you could save some dough.

Another option may be to use a portabrace quick slick for weather protection, QSA-2 or 3 and just Velcro on a strap with d-rings, some foam padding enough to keep it safe, and then add a nice carry strap like the Portabrace ones. This would be a little bit cheaper than the monitor bag and everyone needs a couple of QSAs around anyways.