Unveil - 'unreverberator'

nhaudio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some April Fools Day scams are just too obvious.

Yet this is not a joke. I just tried it on a track. It really works. Have to learn it a bit better, but I'll use this for some mastering once a year. Definitely for some mixing.

Bob Katz has been offering a similar processor in some of his K-System devices.

Its funny, a camera man buddy of mine texted me the other day asking about how to remove reverb from a recorded interview. I didnt know this types of programs were out there. I sent him a link to this.

Its funny, a camera man buddy of mine texted me the other day asking about how to remove reverb from a recorded interview. I didnt know these types of de-reverb programs were out there. I sent him a link to this.

Hehe, yes, that video is terrible from the sound perspective --- built-in mic on a camera. We had planned to shoot a proper one at the Messe, with body-mounted DPA lavs, an X/Y pair of MKH8040 for room mics and direct DAW sound recorded into a ULN-8....but interest was so big that we barely found the time for this quick-and-dirty video grab.

I'm working on a bunch of proper demo-videos at the moment.

BTW it is not similar to the Bob Katz algorithm ;D

Cheers,

Denis

Bonjour!

Here's the first studio-produced video for UNVEIL. We show various post-pro applications, including de-reverberation of voice & location SFX, up-mixing to stereo from a mono file (I don't think Youtube allows 5.1 playback, does it?), cleaning up terribly recorded ambience/SFX (the "P.A. through canyon in Arabia" example from the Messe), reducing crowd size in a wallah, on-screen/off-screen placement and more.

Enjoy!

I'm afraid all I can say is "this year" and that we've got VST & AAX Win/Mac on the top of our priority list. Ideally, we'll have that finished this quarter, but *no promises* on that!

Umm... You've got a "price good until June" deal going on your current, non-ProTools version and then the price jumps about $100. When your ProTools version is released will it be at the special price?

Get it to work with Pro Tools and I'm sold

It does. You just have to go outside of PT and process the clip in a different host. Let both hosts have access to the same directory and you're set.

Heck, if this thing does what is promises, I'd even consider throwing a Mac Mini into a non-Mac environment - if I were on Windows or a proprietary/embedded OS - and processing over the network.