Humble thanks to Jeff

Hello Jeff,

You hear it all the time so it may not even register much, but this wonderful place is such a treasure to a new professional like myself, that I have to thank you for being so generous with your time and expertise, and being so instrumental to my professional growth.

It was a tremendous milestone to have found this site. It gave me the virtual connection to the mentors that I was desperate to find. Having posted a few times, I got the courage to go to the Gallery of Sound Carts event (feeling like a fraud about to be found out) and talk to a CAS mixer whose work I greatly admire, and then met another JW member at one of our Usual Suspects and had a nice chat.

A turning point came when I was double-booked for a corporate gig, and I wanted to give the work to someone here, but was worried about the work of someone I didn't know. I PM'd a JW member and took their advice that it was a good idea to post it. Through that work-sharing I've connected and met with three other JW members.

Two weeks ago I was offered a mixing gig that included money for a Boom Op. Instead of looking for a Boom Op however, I took the opportunity to offer the mixing gig to Marc Wielage, and asked that he take me on as his second so that I could watch someone with more knowledge and experience than me.

Again Jeff, you hear it all the time, but this site has allowed me to connect with experienced sound mixers, begin actual growth as a professional, and meet some really really fine people; you are to be heartily commended for turning around and offering us new professionals this opportunity, and I humbly thank you with the deepest and most heart-felt appreciation.

Best Regards,

Steven

I do hear it all the time and it DOES register with me, big time. It is so gratifying to hear from people like yourself that have found JWSOUND to be such a useful and engaging online meeting ground. Every time I hear these things it renews my energy and enthusiasm for the work I do to keep this site going strong --- and it serves as the valuable reminder for all of us what a truly wonderful community of people we have here.