Sound Studio update

Sound Studio, one of the programs quite a few of us use for simple 2-track playback, has just been updated to version 3.5.3 The update to Sound Studio incorporates a customizable toolbar with new buttons like rewind and fast-forward, a new Leopard-style gradient edged document window layout, new Automator actions, faster window redrawing and more.

http://216.220.102.3/apps/app/?id=5012

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

• 1 month later...

Hey, Jeff, can this thing open stereo interleaved WAV files (i.e. directly from a CD), or does it have to be split-track files (music.L, music.R)?

If it'll open up a stereo interleaved file and not have to split it apart (as Pro Tools does), I'd buy it in a flash. That's the only reason I keep Peak around anymore on my Macs. Peak is really buggy, and has a kludgy interface; I'd much rather use something as simple as Sound Studio for "hack & slash" editing and playback.

--Marc W.

Hey, Jeff, can this thing open stereo interleaved WAV files (i.e. directly from a CD), or does it have to be split-track files (music.L, music.R)?

--Marc W.

I am not sure it will do directly what you want. You may be able to download a demo of SoundStudio and try it for yourself. I will contact you off this group to see about getting you SoundStudio if there is no demo available online.

-  JW

Guest klingklang

One of the best low-cost audio-editors for mac:

http://www.hairersoft.com/AmadeusPro/AmadeusPro.html

comes highly recommended. edit´s mp3 natively without re-compressing. I like the unser-interface. very nice short-cut layout etc. etc.