Any Pre-NAB Equipment Updates?

cmgoodin

With just a few days until NAB show all seems to be quiet on the hardware front.

Usually manufacturers release some press releases on new Equipment announcements to drive traffic to their booths, but this year seems unusually quiet. Anybody heard any new must see new equipment announcements that will be shown at NAB?

I have been receiving lots of emails from NAB exhibitors about visiting their booths, and in some cases what new products they will be showing...

one example that folks here might be marginally interested in:

At its NAB Booth SL7606, Lasergraphics will feature important archival film enhancements to its Director film scanner.

• New 2K/4K module for unsurpassed 4K image quality at a revolutionary price point.
  • Unique triple-flash High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology captures dramatically more shadow detail from print and interpositive film than competitors.
    Conventional film scanners are unable to capture shadow detail on print and interpositive because they are optimized for negative film. The result is that shadow detail is either entirely missing, or very noisy. To see a comparison of scan results for yourself click here.
  • Excellent warped film handling - each frame is positively held on all 4 sides, far superior to continuous motion scanners which rely merely on tension. See details here.
  • Optical pin registration for best stability of shrunk, poorly spliced, and damaged film.
  • Single-pass image and soundtrack scanning directly to synchronized ProRes Quicktime output. For delicate film, can capture image and sound down to 1 fps.
  • No-risk system integration. Close cooperation with all leading restoration workstation vendors eliminates the risk and complexity of integrating multi-vendor components and the need for technical gurus. More info and examples.

Adobe is upgrading to CS 6, and lots of other new or upgrades will also be announced, some of them actually available!

more new camera flavors than I care to count...

other than that, no surprise, our "usual suspects" are sticking to their usual behavior.

Edited by studiomprd

We submitted for FCC approval a month ago and approval normally takes a month. Oddly, we've gotten CE approval which normally takes longer than FCC approval. We will keep checking our mailbox.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

this has been thoroughly discussed, going back to last year, so it isn't really new... It was actually submitted for FCC approval, which is required before actually "marketing" such products for sales or rentals.

I just got word that Zaxcom will be introducing the new Plug-On digital wireless transmitter at NAB. This is a whole new product, a major make-over, that offers all sorts of capabilities, features and functions that I don't have in the old Plug-On I have.

Press release on Zaxcom's website. You really have to read this carefully, it is an amazing product that does things no other wireless can do. I look forward to getting this (not sure when it will ship but there will be a working unit at Zaxcom's booth at NAB).

post-1-0-51413100-1334270074.jpg

I just got word that Zaxcom will be introducing the new Plug-On digital wireless transmitter at NAB. This is a whole new product, a major make-over, that offers all sorts of capabilities, features and functions that I don't have in the old Plug-On I have.

Press release on Zaxcom's website. You really have to read this carefully, it is an amazing product that does things no other wireless can do. I look forward to getting this (not sure when it will ship but there will be a working unit at Zaxcom's booth at NAB).

post-1-0-51413100-1334270074.jpg

anyone want to buy a slightly used TRX700 in blk 25? :)

sorry, not really new equipment, but an NAB preview:

" The Federal Communications Commission's implementation of spectrum legislation that was signed into law earlier this year will be a leading topic of discussion at the NAB Show in Las Vegas. Chairman Julius Genachowski is among the FCC officials scheduled to address the show. "There will be many broadcasters interested in Chairman Genachowski's remarks related to FCC implementation of the incentive auction legislation. NAB intends to work closely with the FCC to help carry out the intent of Congress while preserving a robust free and local TV service for tens of millions of viewers exclusively reliant on over-the-air TV," said NAB spokesman Dennis Wharton. National Journal (4/13) "

Here are a couple of photos of a few new items we will be showing at the NAB show (Booth C3034)

Press-6.jpg

Our New Press Train. Takes one line level input and provides 12 transfomer isolated outputs at mic level. It can be used with our Press Bridge or with any line level signal source. Up to 10 Press Trains can be driven from a single 600 ohm line so you can make some very large press distrobution systems.

Press-2.jpg

Our New Press Bridge. It offers two very low noise level microphone pre-amps, one line level input, metering, etc. It has 12 transfomer isolated mic level outputs and will also drive up to 30 of our Press trains.

PSLIFE.jpg

Our New Power Star LiFE. Includes 22 amp/hour of onboard LiFE batteries, 24 amp AC supply, PSC quiet power filtering, Easy to read multi-color "Fuel gauge" for battery monitoring, dual USB charge ports supporting up to 4 amps of current !, optional fully isolated 100 watt DC to DC convertor output for powering Mac Book Pro and other laptops, Included is a remote control which also feastures an additional 2 USB charger outputs with 4 amps available. Can be used with or without remote. 1 rack space, under 14 Lbs. Heavy duty rack ears included which can be mounted in several positions, both front or back. See you at the NAB Show.