Blogger Victorious over Apple in Small Claims Case on NVIDIA GPU Failures

Jim Feeley

Check out this astounding summary of a guy's small-claims court case against Apple for failures in his MacBook Pro and Apple's response to his problem. "Rex earlier this week published a lengthy blog post outlining his experience facing off against two Apple lawyers last week and winning an unspecified sum sufficient to purchase a new computer."

Mac Rumors summary:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/19/blogger-victorious-over-apple-in-small-claims-case-on-nvidia-gpu-failures/

Seattle Rex's long (but well-written) blog post:

http://www.seattlerex.com/seattle-rex-vs-apple-the-verdict-is-in/

If Rex has accurately reported what happened... man...

Jim "paperwork day" Feeley

wow. just wow. it's like they tried to make the guy mad. I don't get that. Just make the customer happy. It's not hard. It would have cost them nothing. I bend over backwards to make customers happy. Positive word of mouth is everything in business, and this kind of negative publicity is never good.

Michael, good luck. And if you haven't already, check out the great free articles and inexpensive books from the lawyers at Nolo.com (my first call for basic legal/biz info):

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/lawsuits-court

Their book, "Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court" is great. And it emphasizes resolving the issue before the hassle of court while still preparing you if you do end up in there.

Good luck.

Michael, good luck. And if you haven't already, check out the great free articles and inexpensive books from the lawyers at Nolo.com (my first call for basic legal/biz info):

http://www.nolo.com/.../lawsuits-court

Their book, "Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court" is great. And it emphasizes resolving the issue before the hassle of court while still preparing you if you do end up in there.

Good luck.

Thanks for the link. I love reading about stuff like this. Business Law was by far one of my favorite classes in college. I learned so much from that one class that I was able to get myself out of several jams already. I'm actually really excited about going to court and battling the knucklehead web designer that took my money.

wow. just wow. it's like they tried to make the guy mad. I don't get that. Just make the customer happy. It's not hard. It would have cost them nothing. I bend over backwards to make customers happy. Positive word of mouth is everything in business, and this kind of negative publicity is never good.

I suppose that now that they're "on top" they feel they don't need to make any kind of effort.

What a great case! It pumps me up for my pending lawsuit against a web designer who strung me along for 8 months.

Doh, I had one of those. There are some awful cases around where people hired web designers, and then the web guy wound up holding up the business over disputes over money, who owned the domain name, and other issues. I had a dispute with a designer who was supposed to come up with some artwork for some software I designed, and it was a total nightmare experience. Lessons learned: get references, get a total estimate, and only pay in small increments until the entire project is done. And try to get a local guy, so you can drive over and beat them over the head if they're late or inept.

Doh, I had one of those. There are some awful cases around where people hired web designers, and then the web guy wound up holding up the business over disputes over money, who owned the domain name, and other issues. I had a dispute with a designer who was supposed to come up with some artwork for some software I designed, and it was a total nightmare experience. Lessons learned: get references, get a total estimate, and only pay in small increments until the entire project is done. And try to get a local guy, so you can drive over and beat them over the head if they're late or inept.

Everything you said is exactly right!!!

The problem started with us arguing about "what exactly his job was". This snowballed into him taking longer because now he was "doing me a favor" by completing what I had originally requested. The fact that he is a few counties away makes it a bit difficult getting the case held in my local courthouse. On top of all this BS he had the nerve to send me to collections for not paying him the balance owed for the work he NEVER did. The trial can't come soon enough.