4Minx recorder showcased at NAB 2012

José

"but I'd love to demo it outside of the trade show floor"

They make a big point out of the fact that it can work outside.

Is it possible that this emphasis was caused by a not-totally-audio-savvy PR/marketing freelancer translating from French to English? Maybe in French, AETA was saying something like "works on a cart and in a bag" or that it's a portable system that can record 7.1--not amazing, but less dopey.

Is it possible that this emphasis was caused by a not-totally-audio-savvy PR/marketing freelancer translating from French to English? Maybe in French, AETA was saying something like "works on a cart and in a bag" or that it's a portable system that can record 7.1--not amazing, but less dopey.

I'm sure it is mostly a translation issue --- we all just picked up on it because it sounds so silly to say that in the video. I don't think anyone is actually bashing the unit because of that phrase --- most seem to be looking at it for what it is, a work in progress.

The french version sounds more intelligent. In english, "the portable dream team for indoor and outdoor" is a bad translation of the what was intended to loosely say "all the necessary resources for mixing and recording over-the-shoulder". Funny how a simple thing like this can hurt a company. That, and making a product that looks plasticy and takes forever to get to market and you have a failed effort. Too bad.