Are Macs PCs?

" bought 3 new PC's since then. They just keep crapping out. "

first: Mac computers are PC's...(and now include pretty much the same components as Windows PC's do! not counting the OS, apple is just another brand of "PC"

but if you mean Windows PC's, there are a whole lot of makers at different quality and capability levels.

...and some of the "craps out" is the software, including the OS's, --this includes hardware not being compatible with newer software-- and I have a room full of 'crapped out' Apple Mac computers here at LACC

" But all Macs are not personal computers. "

I never said all Mac's are Personal Computers..

I did say: " Mac's are a brand including PC's "

You wrote:

first: Mac computers are PC's...

If "PC" doesn't mean "personal computer" then just what do you think it does mean?

Holy crap, that's enough.

You're arguing semantics.

Microsoft makes software, to run on personal computers, servers, tablets and phones. The devices are built by third parties, based on necessary specs provided by Microsoft.

Apple make software, to run on personal computers, servers, tablets and phones. The devices are designed and built by Apple.

In both cases, parts are used from many and varied vendors (Intel, Samsung etc).

Done. Can we move on now?

"Every mac I've seen was the same "

Yeah, and every car I've seen was the same: four wheels on the ground, user interface of pedals and steering wheel, accessory controls on the steering column...

I have four Macs and they're all different. My studio's tower is stuffed with PCIe cards and has three internal hard drives. My desktop machine is a closed Mini running two different OS's simultaneously (earlier OSX and XP) with extra drives on a 1394 chain. My NAS is an older Mac with no monitor or keyboard or user apps. I'm writing this on a laptop...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Fox News:

" Travelers using Apple computers to scope out deals on Orbitz.com may be paying more than people using PCs. Reports say that the site is showing pricier packages first to customer using Apple equipment.

Shibani Joshi tells us that through the site’s research, they’ve been able to glean that Mac users spend about 20 to 30 dollars more per night on a hotel room. They are also more likely to book a four or five star hotel. "

I'm typing this from a seven or eight year old "PC" running Windows XP. Had a few minor virus issues over the years, like maybe twice, and easily fixed. I like that I've been able to easily plunk in additional RAM, a second internal drive, and swap in and out assorted sound cards and fire wire cards and whatnot over those years. Paid about $500 for the computer way back when, and its still solid. Just saying, to me, that's money well spent.

The G5 tower we also have around here is nothing but trouble and we can't find a printer that it likes for more than a few months.

That's weird. When I use a Mac (my own or someone else's I just let the thing find any printers connected (direct or on the network) and it installs drivers and connects without problem. I was at a newspaper once and logged on to their network and asked the Mac to find me a printer. It wound up finding close to 30 printers in the building including the main presses....

• 1 month later...

That's weird. When I use a Mac (my own or someone else's I just let the thing find any printers connected (direct or on the network) and it installs drivers and connects without problem. I was at a newspaper once and logged on to their network and asked the Mac to find me a printer. It wound up finding close to 30 printers in the building including the main presses....

That tells me there is some sort of network issue like the printer is set to DHCP rather then having a static IP.