This could be me & my foldup cart...

• 4 weeks later...

Mark Messenger (New Zealand) had the idea of a travelling bag for his Foldup cart. He went to Helen at Stash-It (New Zealand).

https://www.stash-it.co.nz/

Together they came up with a surf board style bag. Helen can make you one for under NZ$400. (a steal)

In my mind this lateral thinking on Mark's part has given the Foldup cart travelling legs. I think they go hand in hand...

3  Foldup boogie bag 3_JWSound.jpg

2  Foldup boogie bag 2_JWSound.jpg

1  Foldup boogie bag 1_JW Sound.jpg

No where near as cool as the bag for the fold up cart. Thanks for sharing this Rob and Mark for having the foresight to have it made up.

But I finally came up with a way to have a permanent cup holder on the cart and still have full folding functionality. It's a little lower then what is ideal but thats the only real option. Cup holder folds flat. Sourced it from a boating supply store. The one in the photo is cheap plastic one as I wasn't sure it would work. Will replace it with a stainless steel one later.

Sorry Rob, I may have drilled more holes in your cart.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg

The bags good eh...

So your drilling more holes_ Its ok I can cope.

They usually end up with interesting results.

I have one of those plastic folding drink cups. Had it for years, couldn't figure out what to do with it. now I know.

Also noticed more holes in the bottom pic. Looks like you've attached a tyre pump to one of the rear bars.

Wonder what you do to your car...

Best wishes.

• 5 weeks later...

Also happened are some extenders for the rear uprights of the Foldup.

There will be 2 types.

1 goes over the uprights @ 32mm square and converts to a 25mm square that the lift off shelf goes over.

2 goes inside the uprights @ 19mm or 18.5 mm square and converts to a 25mm square that the lift off shelf goes over.

I myself prefer the inner one as they look a bit more tidy... Have less play in the connection. But that's a personal opinion.

If you were to have any doubts about the security of the connection, you would be advised to put a bolt through the extender to the upright.

The inner one struck an issue.

In the later Foldup uprights (from 130 onwards) I discovered that the inner width would take a 19mm square tube. All good.

However pre 130, the inner width was less and the 19mm tube got jammed.

So at the moment I am sourcing some 18.5mm square, machined Wearex. (what they use on conveyer belts)

In the pictures you will see a couple I ground down myself (roughly) with the angle grinder.

They will sell for AU$75 a pair.

Foldup extenders_6 reszed.jpg

Foldup extenders_12 resized.jpg