Work Dreams

I have two recurring dreams both from my time in radio. The first is that I am finishing up my on-air shift and I have put away all of my records (as we use to do) and the only thing left playing is the last record I have on the turntable, then the next shift fails to show and I have to keep playing the same track over and over. The second stems from my main job in commercial production where everytime I look in the "scripts to be recorded" file it is growing to a behemoth state that I can't possibly complete in my working day.

Both leave me gasping for breath and unable to go back to sleep!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep having a dream where a producer offers me above the going rate for my labour and my gear and when I get on set the first AD is all sweetness and light and never over runs on the day, the D.o.p. is fresh out of surgery after having his head removed from his arse, the grip isn't some neaderthal with a bolt through his neck and the sparks are falling over themselves to give me an AC feed.

Come to think about it it's not a dream it's a bloody nightmare.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

• 1 month later...

Great thread!

I had a dream recently where the Post Studio that my "day job" is at called me up one morning and told me all of the rooms were full that day, so I had to do the ADR session for Fringe in my apartment. The rest of the dream consisted of me frantically running around gathering gear to do the session with - mostly trying to get a bigger TV for the actors to watch on.

-Mike