DeWitt Stearns overhaul

Eric Burge

You heard it first on jwsound.net...

DeWitt Stearns is just about to open their doors to a new and groovy way of doing business with us sound guys/gals, actually all production folks, but this is a sound community so...

Now don't go and cancel your existing policy. Be kind and wait until your current coverage expires.

Beginning 1 August 2007:

I don't have time to post all the details, but this may be the best news you've ever heard regarding production equipment insurance.

Short: Reduced premiums. Can't whine about that. No more serial numbers required for items with unit cost under $5K. This allows for much buy and sell, trade, ebay, L&D replacement, etc. without having keep up on line-item changes to your policy. That alone should get you juiced. That schoeps you bought on ebay last month, but just hadn't gotten around to listing, is immediately covered. And it helps all the dealers too from time spent having to source and fax replacement costs on strange widgets, etc. Still, always good idea to log those serials...AND receipts. You'll still have to prove purchase or possession or whatever.

It doesn't help everybody to the same degree, but very few will not benefit significantly.

For a guy like me, traveling a lot, but with variable kits all the time...and at the same time not at all concerned about fire (rewired my house recently and don't smoke) or theft (I haven't even had a key to the front door in over 3 years. Lost it and too cheap to replace the locks) this is well beyond great news. Of course for you Hollywood guys, lock your doors, alarm your cars, and don't skimp on full kit replacement value.

OK, all you uninsured mixers, boom ops, lurkers...here's your big chance.

Also,you can now pay with a credit card. No AmEx, but Visa/MC is fine.

Call Brandy for more details.

Brandy McGrew

DeWitt Stearns

818-623-5429