A source for clear heat shrink?

Jack Norflus

Ive noticed that not all "clear" heat shrink tubing is alike - I have plenty of "clear" or so its advertised as. But I find that what they sell as "clear" is not that clear but a bit cloudy and its difficult to see through.

I have used some tubing that is "crystal clear" and very transparent - but I can't seem to find it and anytime I order some it turns out to be the cloudy stuff.

Any leads on the "crystal clear" stuff?

Thanks for the replies - but I am specifically looking for the clear heat shrink that isn't cloudy - I've bought heat shrink from various vendors and even after them telling me on the phone that it is "clear" when I receive it - the item turns out to be slighty opaque. So does any one know specifically the brand and or who carries the real clear stuff. I know it exists because I had some but have used it up and cant find it.

We've been using the digikey and mouser clear stuff for years at the radio station I work at. We have been using it to label wires when redoing a control room/studio/whatever. There is some wiring I did 19 years ago that's still clear and readable. It helps a lot when you have 100 orange wires coming out of a console.

• 4 weeks later...