Hello from TASCAM

Tom Duffy

For a wealth of DR-680 information, I suggest visiting the tapersection.com forum, where all aspects have been actively discussed for many years.   There is no benefit in rehashing it here.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=164963.0  Tom.

I used a 680 on a month long shoot, so I have real world opinions and such. I'm pretty familiar with it's workings, what it can and can't do, quirks, ect.

There is no legal issue being fought, as far as I am aware.  Zaxcom asked, we complied.

if you mean Zaxcom asked you not to sell it and you complied, thats a little bit crazy, who ever made that decision should rethink it, we have a load of people in the UK that would buy them and i'm sure you would sell tens of thousands of them in the US as Lectrosonics are one of the more popluar brands over there.

For the price they are we would be using them as disposable recorders with things like Go Pro's

i've Spoken in person with the Tascam rep in the UK and he has been told from higher up the food chain not to sell anymore of the DR10-CL's, as they might not be able to get them due to some legal issue in the US.

Also having spoken with some other people in the US (sorry can't say names) they have infomed me that Zaxcom are meant to have sent a letter to Tascam.

thats as much as i know.