EW100 G1's as IEM

outdooring

hey guys,

I'm fed up with hiring IEMs and not really wanting to spend a few hundred pounds buying my own. I have two sets of EW100 G1's. How do you guys use them as reasonable sounding IEMs? Which attenuater do you use, which output would you use? And how do you achieve a dual mono sound - IE when plugging in some cans how do you send both a L+R signal.

Usually a director I supply IEMs to isnt interested in the various channels I'm recording - they just want to hear the conversation over the sound of the road etc whilst looking at their round the neck monitor.

Any help with exact accessories would be massively helpful

Thanks guys

Keep well

Sam

Hey Sam,

I use a couple G3s for the same reason, to get a mono signal I just go ahead and use a stereo to mono adapter that you can find at any radioshack then plug your head phone of choice. or you can go with a set of mono headphones.

As for the setting I usually have the TX at about at -25 ish and the RX out put at about +6 give or take, you can adjust it accordingly.

Hi, and welcome...

" I'm fed up with hiring IEMs and not really wanting to spend a few hundred pounds buying my own. "

that is a bit of a conundrum...

What do you mean by IEM ?? The most usual meaning is the musicians use of them, but I am wondering if you are referring to typical production sound use of an audio feed for key production members to hear production dialog. In this context we frequently use Comteks, or other IFB equipment, which of course could be about any wireless microphone system used in reverse (the sound position sends the desired mix to receivers being monitored ... See, I'm being really basic here, and yes, this feed can also be sent over a wire. In other words, there are many options to accomplish this

Typically a "system" is one transmitter, and several receivers; depending on the gig, there could be numerous RX's monitoring this feed.

" the most effect way of reversing radio mics for production, clients etc "

sorry, but that is, I believe, sort of obvious...

you transmit the desired signal from your mixer over a TX to the RX's with headphones (requires portable RX's, with either a headphone jack, or proper adaptation of the output.

Sennheiser wiring is readily available (it has been mentioned, and linked to on jwsoundgroup.net) to get you started...