Gear tie by Nite Ize, and mic planting.

Very cool. Is that your standard Car setup? How does it sound?

I don't have any "standard setup". I like having a few options, i.e. plan A, B, C, etc.

Its sounds fine, gets the job done and gets your car rig done in a minimal amount of time.

I treat the Cub more like a mic capsule ( ala Schoeps ) rather than a boundry layer mic.

Kevin

This is an awesome find. Gotta ask though: am I the only one who prefers to mount the CUBs to a hard surface, like a piece of plexi? I find the low end terribly lacking if it isn't mounted on a reflective/hard surface.

Car and truck interiors are already quite reflective, why ad more? I don't feel that the CUB is a conventional PZM mic.

I wonder, if curling the tie a few times around a remote-cabled sennheiser 8000 series or schoeps head, then stuffing the 'tails' into something like the vizor would work as well..? Would the GearTie be strong enough to hold that weight (especially if it was held out from the vizor a bit)?

I would go for it. Use some tape or rubber bands to help secure it.

How would the Gear Tie work with one of these (which BTW is for sale to the 1st reasonable offer)

I hope you sell it first !

• 2 weeks later...