Isn't is standard to get a full kit rental day for a camera test day?

Izen Ears

After coming off a similar (but not quite as volatile) gig... I would plan for the possibility that you won't even finish the first week. If the UPM really wants to be this much of a douche, plan on the possibility that he has spent the ensuing time ruining your reputation and work ethic to the people upstream. They might already be calling around for a replacement. They pulled that on me, in a situation where I didn't argue with them, but contrary, I was attempting to deliver exactly what they wanted with 3/4 of the gear that should have been available. They didn't like the fact that I couldn't make champagne from rainwater, and I was "released" without warning.

To my earlier post I'll add my "It Depends"...

I'm still not completely clear on the exact timeline of events in this specific case, but for a months shooting, especially lo-budget-ish, I'd suspect the rentals -camera-sound-G+E- are weekly, and I can see this added day ending up being somewhat discounted; The late call adds to the tension, and it sounds like there were some attitude issues...

Gotta watch out for UPM types that behave like this is coming from their personal $$, this is business for everyone involved, and the professionals all understand and deal with these things accordingly.