New Van

Doug, I had the good fortune of working the Ford Fleet show here in Detroit last week. They unveiled both new vans for 2013. They are nice!. Unfortunately, due to confidentiality, I can send you and pics though. :-X I'd say it's worth the wait if you are interested in the transit connect.

Is that the model year 2013 or the actual year 2013 that Ford brings them out?

CrewC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that truly is ugly. Reminds me of the tricked out vans you see in japan only with fewer lights.

Oh I don't think so. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. In this case form follows function. Take away the sponsors graphics and imagine it in a piano finish black color and it takes on a whole new personality.

Eric

Oh I don't think so. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. In this case form follows function. Take away the sponsors graphics and imagine it in a piano finish black color and it takes on a whole new personality.

Eric

Nope still don't see it, what I do see however is somebody's dog getting sucked into that thing that looks like a vent hole on the side. I know it is probably just black paint over an odd shaped panel but from here all I can think of is an open air intake on a jet, which leads me to strange places.

Nope still don't see it, what I do see however is somebody's dog getting sucked into that thing that looks like a vent hole on the side. I know it is probably just black paint over an odd shaped panel but from here all I can think of is an open air intake on a jet, which leads me to strange places.

No ones dog is going to get "sucked" in to anything as there's no vacuum power applied. Those "ports" are for collecting massive amounts of air to feed the twin turbo chargers so there's no turbo lag when you punch it and suck the headlights out of everything else on the road. :ph34r:

Eric

No ones dog is going to get "sucked" in to anything as there's no vacuum power applied. Those "ports" are for collecting massive amounts of air to feed the twin turbo chargers so there's no turbo lag when you punch it and suck the headlights out of everything else on the road. :ph34r:

Eric

Great so what you are really saying is I need to worry about one of these things having a bird strike on the road in front of me. ;D

That might be a concern to be sure but if you know how to cook "road kill" it kind of balances out.

Eric

Great something new for the tuna sandwich crowd, possum on a plate.

Nice, I looked at these once. I have only seen 4 on the road. What mpg do you get?

Out of curiosity what are vans averaging for mileage these days, I understand it had gotten better but how much so?

A regular Chevy 1500 Express V8 Cargo van is for crap in terms of gas mileage. I'm thinking 18MPG highway at best. I'd dearly love a 6-cylinder van if it was about the same size but had less power (which I don't really need).

Sean, that Nissan NV looks great! I might have bought one of those if I had seen one.

Gas is hurty with the NV. Mileage seems to be around 16-ish with the V6. I knew it would be fairly pricey to drive this beast, but with the mods I've done to the interior, it's really a great utility/family vehicle. I still have my Yamaha scooter for errands, etc. :)

Took out the bench and used it as a last minute VO booth for a commercial spot a while back.

Darrell, I like how you have yer gear organized.

post-742-0-48321900-1337537248.jpg

post-742-0-45324100-1337537249.jpg

post-3086-0-47409500-1337548276.jpg

VW Kombi Van, 40mpg, feels and drives like a car, seats 6 and carries all your kit. What else do you need?

I had one of these in the UK,. Used it for 5 years and sorely miss the fact that I can't get one in the US. Please please VW sort your act out.

I think most Vans in the US are too bulky, have terrible fuel consumption and are not really thought out that well. The only company to start to change their thinking is Ford (Transit) and bless them for it!