Rare Sighting

Glen Trew

A whole lot of the "people" in the stands are actually from the Inflatable Crowd group. They are blow up mannequins with masks, fully wardrobed and low maintenance --- no need to take breaks, feed them or anything.

Glen Trew and I have been working together, side by side on the baseball field. When I have to use more than one mic, Glen takes over the rest since he is much better qualified to do all this stuff.

2 Mixers, no waiting!

" Glen Trew and I have been working together, side by side on the baseball field. When I have to use more than one mic, Glen takes over the rest since he is much better qualified to do all this stuff. "

multiple "boomers" and utilities, too ?? that certainly bucks the TV trend (reality) of expecting one person to be the entire sound crew...

Just to set the record straight, all kidding aside, Glen is doing the 2nd Unit/Baseball Unit shoot and we are shooting most often on the same field. We have been off shooting in another location at times and Glen's uint has continued to shoot at the baseball field. The production was very smart to have a second sound crew (Glen has his boom op with him) to cover all the baseball stuff the 2nd Unit is shooting.

I agree with Jeff that it is smart of production to do it this way, and an interesting way to use two crews. The crew I'm on is officially called the "baseball unit" because we are always on the baseball field. The first and second are often on the field shooting different parts of the same scene, alternating one then the other. The AD might say, "First unit, roll sound!..... CUT!.... Baseball unit, roll sound!.... CUT!... First unit, roll sound! (repeat).

I've calculated (and I'm sure the producers have too) that it is an economical way to shoot the movie faster while spending less money.

GT